Chapter 8

The words flowed from Y/N's mind to her fingers and onto the keyboard. The words that were completing the murder mystery story that she was writing for university. As she spelled the last word of the story on her keyboard, she felt a proud sensation of finally completing the story she was working on for days. She was also revelling on the thought of spending her time with less work since she finished her story long before the due date.

Her mind lingered on what Hoseok had said to her a while ago: 'when you finish it, give it to me. I want to be your first reader!"

Although her heart skipped a few beats when thinking about that, she was still annoyed at the fact that Hoseok had a girl over a few nights ago. Even though she knew it was neither of theirs' fault.

Now whenever she met Hoseok all she did was a slip in a rather cold 'hi'. Even when Hoseok initiated conversation, she quickly told him she needed to be somewhere urgently. On the bus rides, Y/N would plug her ears with headphones to give signs of silence to him.

Even she herself couldn't imagine that she could get this petty.

She printed the sheets of her story and binded them all together to make a book. That was what she was going to turn in.

As Y/N stepped out of her apartment to go and hand the completed story to her college professor, she came face to face with none other than Hoseok. She should've been used to it by now since he is her neighbor, but every time her eyes met his she would get surprised. Maybe because she could never get used to him. She could never get used to how his eyes smiled from his cheeks.

Hoseok greeted Y/N with a set of shining white teeth. His eyes immediately landed on the book Y/N was holding and his eyebrows jumped with curiosity.

"Is that your book that you were writing? The murder one?"

How does he remember?

"Well, yeah – "

"OH MY GOD CAN I PLEASE READ IT, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! I NEED TO READ IT PLEASE! I'LL DO ANYTHING SWEETHEART JUST LEMME READ YOUR BOOK!!!"

Y/N watched as Hoseok pleaded and jumped around, dawned with excitement. Her stony façade was doing a really excellent job of sealing away the glorious laughter itching to tumble off her lips.

"Fine,' she said. She didn't want to give it to him, she really didn't. But how could anyone turn him down?

Hoseok looked like a child who had gotten an early Christmas gift.

"Thanks a lot! I'm gonna go start reading it, right now!"

Y/N watched as the sunshine man entered his small apartment, and when the door closed behind his back, she finally let out a breathy laughter. It was a though she was holding it in for too long. She didn't exactly know if it was his adorable pleading, or his excitement after getting the story, or his overall aura. Maybe it was all three that made her heart smile along with her cheeks.

The thought of Hoseok bringing a girl over was forgotten. Funny how it only took one small proper conversation.

She entered her house with the cheekiest grin on her face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Really, sweetheart? Are you really not gonna tell me who the murderer is? Is that the end of the story?"

"Yes Hoseok – "

"Call me Hobi!"

"Hoseok, that's the end of the story."