Chapter 9

The professor clicked his tongue yet again, and adjusted his spectacles yet another time as he read Y/N's story. He has been reading it for the past three hours and Y/N would've been annoyed by the amount of time he was taking, but her emotions were extra sulky today and all she did was stand there in misery but somehow that looked like extraordinary patience to the old professor. He tapped his bald head and finally looked up at Y/N, clicking his tongue for the last time.

"For how long will you keep writing this style of story?" he asked in annoyance. "It's the 50th time you have written a murder mystery whenever I have assigned freestyle writings."

"That's – that's just what I'm good at writing sir."

"I know! But you need to expand your imagination as well! I can't accept this style of writing for the 50th time Y/N. You need to think of something else, you still have a week left before the submission date. Write another story of a different genre. I know you won't disappoint me."

The professor smiled kindly. "Don't worry, you're the best student in this class, you can figure it out."

I hope so

Y/N bowed deeply before departing the lecture room.

If it was any normal day, she would've been annoyed, stressed and would immediately go home and start working on the story. But today was different.

I have somewhere to be.

Y/N dreaded going to that place, more than anything. But this day every year, she would drag herself there. How could she just abandon him like that? Her heart hurt so much. It felt like the world was on her shoulders, weighing her down yet she felt so empty. Tears threatened to pour down, although her eyes remained dry, and her stomach held nausea with her tongue begging for water every second. She swallowed down her saliva that had formed in her mouth. She hated this feeling more than anything else, but she couldn't help it. The scenes were still so fresh in her mind, that they played on loop again and again like a trailer stuck on repeat.

The police came to her house. The news was broken. Her heart was next. After that day, her life had taken a turn which lead her to be this way. She didn't care about it though. The question that was stuck in her mind all her life was 'how?'

Y/N finally dragged her feet and stood in front of an old cemetery. It was bright above though it all contrasted the gloominess of the cemetery. She hated this place so much!

Y/N went inside. Stepping on the neatly trimmed green grass she finally stopped at a gravestone, on it was written her dad's name. Her stomach clenched and she felt like throwing up, the event skimming through her mind so quickly she felt dizzy. The tears didn't come out though, and her expression was deadly sad.

Y/N knelt down and sat there, hugging her knees and missing the warmth of her father that used to hug her like that. She missed it so much. And it hurt so much.

The amount of time she spent there kneeling down and thinking what not was unknown. She was in a state of unconsciousness, getting swallowed on by her own depression when –

"Sweetheart?"

Her head snapped back at the voice and she looked up at a shocked Hoseok. His eyebrows were raised high in question ad he stared down at her with his hands in his pocket.

"You lost someone here too?"

His words cut so deep it was like her heart was bleeding. It was hard to keep her nonchalant expression today so her misery was uncovered to him and Hoseok immediately got down on his knees beside her.