Chapter 7

Y/N returned to her building with the usual aching ankles and tired eyelids. Being exhausted after she came back from college had already become a routine two years ago. Although that was changing this month: regardless her exhausted state she was beginning to look forward to going inside the building, stepping out the sliding metal doors of the lift. And that wasn't because of being done for the day. It was because of a certain chocolate eyed, apple cheeked man who lived next door.

Y/N found it quite irritating that she was finding it difficult to deny her feelings any longer. The excuses of 'you feel like that around every man' or 'it's because he doesn't wear shirts often' have now turned into questions – 'do I really like him?'

So many questions!!

Yet all those could be forgotten if she just saw the man's perfect face that always stretched into the widest, most precious smile whenever he saw her. So with a slightly familiar feeling of excitement bubbling at the pit of her stomach, she dragged her pleading ankles into the lift. Just when the metal doors were about to close, she heard a voice calling out: "wait!"

Her head snapped up at the voice she began to recently love hearing. She saw a running Hoseok desperately sprinting towards the lift. In that moment, Y/N had started visioning him running towards her at slow motion. Wisps of his golden-brown hair where whipped behind by the wind as he ran, his hand waving to her, his jacket falling off one of his shoulders. His eyes were directly staring at her. She would have described it as romantic, the way he ran towards her as though they hadn't seen each other for a long time. All she could do was stare back. Stare at Hoseok, into those beautiful chocolate eyes. And then the metal doors shut.

Oh shit!

The lift stared moving upwards and Y/N flushed with embarrassment. She covered her hot cheeks even though there was no one looking.

He wanted me to hold the lift for him!

The thought of Hoseok running to her romantically now seemed so stupid. Why else would he call out to her when she was in a fricking lift and he wasn't. the doors slid open and she practically jumped out of the metal box, praying for it to go down quickly and pick the man who was waiting down below.

For half a minute she waited there in front of the lift, with slightly paranoid eyes. With a little ding, the lift door slid open again, revealing Hoseok. He looked at Y/N up and down, then pointed at her with a grin: "what are you doing?"

Y/N now realized that the pose of her lightly bending down with her hands clasped together might've looked really funny. She straightened herself again and cleared her throat to look like the professional young lady Hoseok was used to seeing her as.

Inside she was an exploding mess.

She didn't have to feel awkward the second she did that because Hoseok started the conversation (like he always does) – "how do I smell?"

Like a fricking man! –

"Why do you ask?" Y/N asked with a bored tone she was so good at putting on.

"I bought a new cologne!" he said excitedly.

"That's nice. You smell nice."

With the last statement said, she turned around on her heels, put in the passcode to her apartment and entered. As soon as she did, she leaned against the door, holding her chest. She hated it. Why couldn't she have been with him just a little longer?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky had turned dark, and Y/N's eyes were glued to the screen of her laptop. The notepad she had while exploring the city for ideas was laying down next to her. She was working on the murder story.

Y/N was competitive by nature, although she wouldn't admit it. No way she was not going to win that award and not have the best story out the entire class. That title obviously belonged to her.

The mysterious man entered the crowd of people, colors dazzling his vision but not the path he took. He slowly walked towards the girl –

The sound of the doorbell echoed through the living room and Y/N stopped typing. She was about to get up and open the door when she heard a door open. It was Hoseok's front door.

She was surprised – Hoseok usually doesn't get visitors. She went back to focusing on her story, but the woman's hearty laughter combined with Hoseok's had her ears tilt all the way backwards and she snapped her head to look at the wall. Behind this wall, Hoseok was probably hugging a girl.

A girl that wasn't Y/N.

Tiny tinges of jealousy began to tickle her stomach, as her eyes now abandoned the laptop screen and was glued to the wall. She could hear faint conversation –

"Hey Hoseok, it's been forever!"

"I know right! All we have been doing is text each other."

"Well we text every night so basically just the face was missing."

"Face makes a huge difference! Come here!"

"Awww, you missed me a lot huh?"

"Come on now, help me out. Let's go to my bedroom."

Bedroom! Why?! What kind of help is he fucking asking for?!

As the conversation grew longer, the tinges of jealousy in Y/N's stomach had turned to flames, erupting from to her chest and disrupting her breathing. She was sure her face was red with anger. Her nails dug deep into the couch's back rest as she heard footsteps fading away into another room.

She wanted to know. She wanted to know what was going on between the girl and Hoseok. She could've easily gone to her bedroom and eavesdropped since the walls of the building were so slim. But she did kind of have an idea of what was going on.

She wasn't going to go to her bedroom and listen to the girl moan like a horny bitch.

So she stayed on her knees on the couch, her face stared at a wall, her nails dug into the leather of the couch. Was she why he got a new cologne? Thoughts of Hoseok and the girl making out and whatnot started flooding her mind. He did seem very happy to have her over. Had he ever been that happy when she was around her?

By now, Y/N was shivering with jealousy, and if she could ask for one thing, it would be to be the girl who was currently with Hoseok in his bedroom.

Tears started welling up in her eyes because of the extreme anger. She was already very competitive to begin with.

Y/N spun around on her knees and sat back down. She grabbed he laptop and started typing away.

He slowly walked towards the girl and covered her mouth with his large hand. He dragged her by the hair out of the crowd and into an abandoned alley, so hard that her hair was starting to rip off her scalp. He threw her against an abandoned house's window, and her temple started bleeding because of the impact. The glass shards splattered all around the floor and he stamped his foot on the girl's face, causing the glass to dig deep into her skin, one of them pierced her eye. . .

Y/N wrote the gory with such a detailing and with a psychotic smirk on her lips. It was so clear that what she was writing was what she wanted to do to that girl.

She wanted to be the murderer and the girl to be the victim.

How dare she!

With the final letter ending her vile description Y/N shut down her laptop, the sick, satisfied smile never leaving her face. She laid down on the couch and closed her eyes.

With that paragraph . . . oh she was definitely going to be the best writer in her class.