Chapter 3

She could smell the alcohol that reeked from his mouth. He looked at her confused, "I'm not drunkkkkk!" he whined. "And call me Hobi!" His eyes went out of focus again and rested on Y/N's pink slippers. "Hobi? ......ha! Hey sweetheart, tell me about your Hobies!" he mumbled before stupidly giggling.

Why do I have to deal with this?

Hoseok stumbled on his feet even though he was standing still and leaned the on the doorframe helplessly. "I can't stand!"

"What do you want Hoseok?" Y/N sighed again. She was getting really tired of him.

"What do you mean 'what do you want'? What do you want? Why are you in my house?" he accused, pointing a finger at her nose.

"No," Y/N shook her head, "you're at the wrong place, this is my house. Yours is the one beside this."

Hoseok's face showcased confusion as his eyebrows knitted together and he scratched his head. "This isn't my house? Where is my house?" He started looking around, "hey house! Where the heck are you?"

Y/N gave him the best 'are you kidding me' look she could give and Hoseok just giggled. "Will you take me to my house, sweetheart?"

"It's literally the next door, you can go by yourself!" she half-yelled.

"OK!" Hoseok gave her a salute and tried to stand without the support of her doorframe. He pushed himself off the wooden panels with unfocused eyes, and the next moment he was on the ground, helplessly flailing his arms and legs to try and get up. "UH? WHY IS THIS SO HARD!"

Uh, why is this so hard?

Y/N facepalmed. All she wanted was quiet night in her bed, inside the safety of her dreamless sleeps. If she wanted that to happen, she needed to get Hoseok out of her apartment.

She sighed. "Stop moving."

Hoseok stopped immediately and looked at her with a scrunched-up nose. "You said something?"

Y/N bent down and grabbed his upper arms and pulled at them, before Hoseok pulled back and gave her a disgusted look. "Don't kidnap me! I'm not even a kid!"

"SHUT UP I'M TAKING YOU TO YOUR HOUSE!" Y/N shouted frustratingly. She dropped her hands to her sides with irritation etched on her face, "what the hell is your problem?! First you show up at my house, too drunk to even stand up properly, and when I try to help you, you accuse me of kidnapping! Would you please just corporate?!"

Hoseok looked like he had just gotten a scolding from his mom. He nodded his head.

Y/N sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "OK, now don't move, I'll try and carry you."

"Thanks."

Y/N pulled one of his arms and hooked it on her neck. She lifted him up and his head suddenly rested on her shoulder. He nuzzled against her neck, and Y/N could feel him smiling on her skin.

"You smell nice sweetheart."

A rush of warmth engulfed her cheeks and her eyes widened slightly at the comment.

Obviously I'd smell nice, I slept inside a freaking bath!

Even with the sarcastic comment that played inside her mind, she couldn't control her heartbeat that had increased and was rapidly hammering against her chest. She prayed for him to not hear it.

Ignoring her sudden symptoms, Y/N stood up with Hoseok hanging on to her like a koala. Damn he was heavy! She got out her apartment with tiny steps, Hoseok's heaviness weighing her down. As Y/N reached the door that was labeled 105, she asked, "what's the passcode?"

"18 02," he drowsily replied into her neck.

That's my birthday!

Y/N put in the passcode and the door opened with a metallic jingle as it always did in these apartments. There were boxes still scattering his place, and it looked as though he hadn't finished settling everything.

"Into my bedroom, please!" Hoseok grumbled in her ears.

Jeez, he's so demanding!

Y/N led him toward his bedroom and made him sit down on the bed. She flumped onto the bed beside him to catch her breath. Hoseok giggled, and hugged her loosely. "You can stay if you want, sweetheart," he whispered sensually, his lips brushing her ears.

Y/N harshly crimsoned. She pushed him away to see him hit the bed and drunkenly smile at her. "Goodnight!"

"Yeah, um, goodnight."

She awkwardly walked out of his apartment and as she reached hers she slammed the door behind her and leaned on it.

Dammit! Why was her heart still racing?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Y/N got on the bus and sat down at the back at her usual spot. Taking out her earphones, she placed them in her ears and let the soothing melody relax every nerve in her body. The peace was destroyed when she felt her shoulder being whipped to the opposite direction by a hand. The hand belonged to Jung Hoseok.

She pulled her earphones out of her ears – slightly irritated by the disruption – and looked up to attend Hoseok's panicked face. He quickly sat down next to her and placed his bag on his lap.

"Hey, what the hell did I do last night?"

Y/N restrained herself from rolling her eyes. She looked straight ahead with her uninterested face in place. "I'm surprised you aren't hungover."

Hoseok's face whined as his grabbed his head and hit it at the seat in front of them.

"You don't have to be dramatic."

"Noooo!" he cried, "I messed up my chances of impressing you!"

Y/N turned to him at his words at the same time he turned to her. "You know, I really wanted to be a good neighbor!"

She looked back straight ahead. "Try not to drink too much," she said simply.

"You know what, I didn't want to, but my friends insisted since I moved out from my parents' for the first time and . . ."

Hoseok kept rambling on about how he got drunk and Y/N wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. She was thinking about university, her studies, her books, her essays and all that. The only thing that shifted her attention away from studies was one thing that Hoseok said before he departed from his seat to his stop:

" . . . and that's how I got drunk! Well, I'll see you around sweetheart!"

I'm still sweetheart?