Chapter 24

Hello guys :) I'm finally back, my exams are over and done with.

So sorry for the delay. Thanks for leaving such long, wonderful comments on the last chapter. I haven't had the time to reply to them as I was writing this, but I read them and honestly I really appreciate your thoughts so keep em coming. xD

The bad news is, the story will be coming to and end really soon. I have maybe another two chapters or so left.

Thanks for sticking with The Things I Do For Love right up to this chapter!

xxx

 P.S have u guys heard of this Amanda Todd girl? If you haven't, you can check it out on my best friend's blog. Its really sad :(http://whatsnewboutme.blogspot.com/2012/10/we-only-live-once-lets-give-each-other.html

******************************************

CHAPTER 24

Katherine's POV

My heels clicked on the stone ground and I walked self-consciously up the stairs of the Council Prison building.

So many emotions swirled in my mind, making it difficult to breathe. I mentally cursed myself. If it wasn't for me, something this horrible might not have happened.

Just before I got to the top of the stairs, I stopped dead in my tracks as a wave of fear overtook me.

I never thought I would have to come back here again. Seeing these walls, and inhaling that same sickly clean scent, all the memories came flooding back.

My grandmother was thrown in this same prison, wrongly accused of trying to overthrow the Alpha Female at that time.

I guess I'd done something similar to Erin and Ty. 

I had to do this, I wouldn't....couldn't be afraid. Even though my father was on the board, he never really listened to me much. He believed grandma was wrong, and he refused to acknowledge her as his mother even.

I knew there was no way Ty was getting out, but I had to try something.

I took a deep breath and walked forwards. The cells were mostly empty, save for a few.

I waved at the guards, who threw me questioning looks but dared not stop me.

I passed rows of cells but I couldn't spot Ty. I almost walked by his cell, which was at the back of the prison when I recognized him.

Which wasn't saying much, because he didn't even look like himself.

His eyes were swollen and dark from lack of sleep. He curled on the ground, his clothes a little too loose for his body. Dried blood covered his arms and neck. Deep, red gashes scarred almost every inch of his skin.

I dropped to my knees in front of his cell as tears welled up in my eyes. I'd known Ty forever, since we were little kids. Seeing him like this, knowing I was responsible was killing me.

"Ty..." I whispered.

He lifted his head slowly and looked at me. He shook his head and closed his eyes again.

"Ty...please. Just listen to me. It's about Erin."

His eyes flew open. My throat constricted at just how much he really loved her.

"You need to help her. Their going to kill them." I told him, waiting for a response.

He shot me a puzzled look. "Them?" I winced when I heard his raspy voice, as if he hadn't had water for days.

I nodded slowly, not taking my eyes off him.

"Listen to me very carefully. I'm going to get you out of here, but you need to act as if nothing is happening okay?"

The Things I Do For Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें