Partner

There was a time where a tragedy occurred causing many families to separate from their loved ones for one single battle. We won but we all lost an inspirational person, the most legendary champion. Later on, the game was banned for the lives that were lost. Centuries has passed and we've moved on to newer technology in the days. With that said "Apex Legends" was born and has been the bestest battle royal game.

Present day..

I remember waking up in the morning like if it were yesterday, like any regular day. Yawning is the first thing I'd do when I didn't want to get out of bed. I'm just trying not to wake up and hoping it becomes silent again. Any minute now...

(distant noises approaching)

I cover my head with a pillow just praying for the noise to pass over and I continue praying. The noises close up toward the access holding down the sounds. The sound lashes out as the entry opens, footsteps processing along the way till I begin to feel light tapping on my back sending chills up onto my spin and then I hear it.

[AJay] – "Wake up," she said.

"Can I just skip the rest of today. I mean look at me," I say showing my deprived face, closing my eyes from the sun.

( T-T) —please have mercy father

[AJay] – "You look rare like a shield. Hurry up, before you skip out on some tasty breakfast." She closes the door behind, leaving my room. Before I open my eyes, I imagine how Bloodhound would look without his mask as I drool with an untimely image. I stood up from my bed, taking a hard look at myself in the mirror, sighing as I start my daily routine. After finishing my shower, I get readied up for the day then head towards the cafeteria joining everyone for a delectable meal. I get my food and greet everyone before eating.

[AJay] – "Hey kiddo, how you feeling?" As she munches on her food.

"I'm feeling much better because you were there to heal me," I said smiling reassuring that I'm not in any pain.

The first day I came here, Bloodhound escorted me at the entrance. He made me feel like if I was a mistress since he's so polite. He took me to Lifeline to learn the ropes in engaging combat. The second day, I had my first real battle with other teams. We didn't win but we did have fun, though it was harsh. I got attached to Lifeline and we've become great partners. Not only that but roommates as well, right off the bat. Today marks my third day here and I've already made new friends from the battle yesterday like Bangalore, Wraith, and Bloodhound. Now to just rest easy today.

[AJay] – "Have you heard the announcement?? They're going to bring in two new players to the game!!"

"I've never seen you hyped before." I smiled at her content excitement.

[AJay] – "I'm hyped because we'll have two new rivals to compete in the game. I'd also get to help out more if we're put with one of them."

Doing solos aren't that bad but a full team would be a nice change said only being my third day. I look at an article on the main screen shown in the cafeteria. Some of the reporters are interviewing one of the newest legends coming today. It's a guy wearing all green with tattoos.. and robotic legs?! He's wearing a mask too. Images begin popping into my head and I start drooling again. Lifeline looked at me weirdly and shakes me.

[AJay] – "Hey you alright?? You've been staring at the screen for quite a while, just like when you met Bloodhound." She says laughing strangely.

I wiped my drool away using the sleeve from my shirt. "I'm fine. I just have a thing for masked guys," I said laughing with her till we finish our meals. She looked at me smiling and unsettled. I start paying attention to her expression looking worried.

[AJay] – "You remember yesterday, about me moving to a different compound?"

"I remember AJay, I will miss you. But, we'll still be able to see each other in battle and in the cafeteria and we can make plans for when we have time off."

Her smiles glows up as she comes in for a hug and I hug her back. She nods in content knowing it won't be the last time she sees her partner, then she looks at me.

[AJay] – "I have a feeling that you'll be paired up with the new players. They better be nice to you." She exclaims as I continue to laugh until footsteps approached us.

[Bloodhound] – "Come new legend, your new members are waiting to see you at the entrance." I looked up at Bloodhound following his trace, waving back to Lifeline.