Drunk

Loud knocking fills up the gap in my peaceful dreamy mind. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to walk around at night. Especially since there's a distance between the cafeteria and my home. The knocking grows fiercely again. I have a weird feeling that it's not Octane making those. Those knocks are too loud to begin with. I awaken, putting on some comfy clothes and now I can get the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," yawning from last nights adventures reaching the doorknob opening the door and to my surprise, my spirits went up a level.

"AJay!!!!" I jump on her excitingly and look for that same reaction back at me.

[AJay] – "Heyya gal, it's been a while!" Her smiles contempt me in the mornings and her hugs were always the best.

"Wait, did you grow again? Is that why you're here, for me to inspect," I said teasingly as I pull her and myself up from the floor. While we continued our conversation, Octane was standing mid way from the hall and we turn to look at him.

[Octane] – "Uuhh morning?" It felt like it was nighttime again since nobody said anything until Lifeline broke the silence.

[AJay] – "Y'all want to hop on to the cafeteria for lunch together later?"

"Yessss"

[Octane] – "I don't see any rule to not go," agreeing to the comment stated.

[AJay] – "Alright, see you two at 13:00 missionary time."

She makes her way out the building leaving no trace behind. I look to Octane still standing by his doorway fully prepared for the morning.

[Octane] – "Oooo, you may want to change again amigo."

I go back in my room embarrassed of myself again and started suiting up for today. The past days have been fun with Octane, I really feel like we're getting along fast like good friends do. I just don't want to embarrass him because I'm clumsy. Lifeline already accepted that, no pun taken. Finishing up, I began heading out with Octane towards main base hoping to make more new friends.

[Octane] – "So, how was sleep?"

"Not that good. I couldn't find that one spot in bed, you know?"

[Octane] – "I hear yuh. I heard the door open last night, thought it was an intruder. Pretty spooky."

"I'm so sorry I woke you up and for scaring you like that."

[Octane] – "Nah, it's cool amigo. Just wondered where you headed off to since the door to your room was left open."

"Sorry, I don't usually walk around in the middle of the night."

[Octane] – "Don't worry much, my little sister does that too when she has trouble sleeping. I think it's ado-

Right before Octane could finish his sentence we reached the main base Lifeline popped out of no where interrupting.

[AJay] – "HEEYYYYYY!!! Let's team up for the next match," she yells out.

"Yessss!!! Oh, but is it okay to?"

[AJay] – "My teammates are off having the time of their lives right now. One match should be fine."

"Finally we get to play together again!"

We were so excited and we slowly turn to Octane who stood silent.

[Octane] – "Sounds awesome! Let's go!"

[AJay] – "We'll need to wait till last match finishes."

It's been hours waiting till the match ended. At that point we just gave up and headed to a little booth where shots were being served. We drank our misery away while telling stories of our adventures and had the best front row seats from a legend who was performing some magic show. Skipping out on lunch was not so good, my stomach began grumbling.

"Hey guys, I think I'm gonna head off back onto the couch. I'm feeling a bit dizzy."

[AJay] – "Sheesh, you're a weak drinker (y/n)," she says mumbling since she's obviously drunk herself but afraid to say.

[Octane] – "You need assistance?"

"I'm good, though would you mind accompanying Lifeline. She's even more drunk than I am."

[Octane] – "No problemo, I'll meet you back at the house later."

I made my way out of there clinging onto the way, trying to regain my balance. Maybe I might've needed help myself.

"Ah I'm almost there though," I said talking to myself giving me a little boost.

The hallways looked steep and far. My gaze was wearing out. I feel like I'm about to passing out midway the halls. I began to lose consciousness and I feel a pair of arms holding me as everything turns black.