Smile

I rose up in the morning feeling the warm heat of the sun hit directly at my face from the window. Looking around the room, I feel some sort of vibe that I missed something important but couldn't remember. Oh well! I stood up from bed taking only my blanket wrapped around me, walked into the kitchen and then I remembered..

[Octane] – "Wassup," he said eating a grilled cheese.

I had forgotten that the friend I used to live with isn't here anymore meaning I may never ever walk around in my underwear. Goodbye freedom. With that message set in my head, I quickly head back towards my room without any sort of response.

[Octane] – "Hey, where you going amigo? Did I do something wrong?" He finished up his meal and trailed where I was off to which was my room. He lightly knocks on the door seeking for an answer.

[Octane] – "Hey (y/n), are you alright? You left without saying a word."

"I'm okay, sorry I left you hanging. I forgot to get my phone. I'm very protective of it, haha." I finished getting somewhat changed and opened the door to face him, laughing it off a bit so he'd believe the scenario a few seconds ago.

[Octane] – "Ah, I see.. Do you want to eat? I made food, they're my famous breakfast enchiladas."

"Enchiladas in the morning?"

[Octane] – "Yes, I know but it's a creation my abuela made and I redesigned it. You should try it."

"I will but for supper. It's almost time to head out toward the airbase for your first fight. That is if you don't feel up to it." I pushed up his confidence and spirit that way he'd be prepared for his first time in a battlefield. I wasn't really prepared for mine and got hurt a couple of times but I don't expect him to die anytime soon than me. Yup, that's just how simple my life is and here I was ready for anything.

(T^T)

We got dressed into our battle gear and made our way down toward the airbase, preparing once again to drop into an open field of loot and battles.

[Octane] – "Wow, I'm actually outside! And there's so much room to run around! Awesome!" He began his hunt for loot.

I looked around quick from our early landing spot in thunderdome, worrying that I wouldn't be able to gain a gun in the first few seconds of the match. I run towards the other building, finally a gun. I grabbed the R301 and began my search for enemies. Along the way, I found a lvl 2 body shield. Things were looking up for me. Time passed by fast and we haven't ran into anyone yet. I stayed close to Octane, considering that we're out numbered by one. He was running an awesome layout. A Havoc with Turbocharger and 2x HCOG BRUISER. Meanwhile, I just have an R301, 1x HCOG Classic, and lvl 1 stock but it's OKAY.. We all can't have nice things.. (T-T) .. We head towards the balloon close by Skull Town and landed at Market, making way through the caves where the circle stopped at Bridges. While we were heading over the hill, we heard distant gunshots nearby Cascades and Wetlands. We decided that it was a great opportunity to jump into battle while they were finishing off the other team.

[Octane] – "Oooh Yeaaah!! It's show time!" He said throwing his jump pad out and ganging up on the two enemies from behind then he takes cover behind a rock.

Meanwhile he was the distraction, I knocked down one of the enemies and hit another enemy for 122 dmg breaking their shield. Octane then took both enemies down and won the fight.

[Octane] – "Wooohoo!! What a rush! I haven't felt this much fun in years," he yelled out celebrating his small victory.

"There's still 5 squads left and we're one of them, let's loot up first before heading towards our next encounter."

With that said, we looted the deadboxes lying on the ground receiving lvl 3 body shields from the other team, better attachments, secondary weapons, ammo, shield cells, med kits, anything useful to us. We made our way through Wetlands to Relay making sure the perimeter was secured nearby the oceanside of the land. We were down to 3 squads left. The circle closed in again leaving only Wetlands and Relay the safest place away from the storm. Standing still in one area, we spotted a team traveling towards the other side of the waterfall from Relay. It looked like they were looting or waiting for the other team to arrive. Well, no matter the case, we made no moves till finally shots fired up into the open. The other team started approaching, battling one another. We began making our move by zip lining across the waterfall and engaging the ones closer to us as we take the high ground on top of a cliff near the buildings. One of the teams were eliminated and now 2 remained alive. On our way into the building for cover, an enemy jumped us from the doorway. Meanwhile focusing on the enemy closest to us, the other two trapped us from the rooftop so that'd there be no way out. We downed the enemy before the other two barged in. I was shot down and Octane ran his way out of the building figuring out a way to win.

[Octane] – "Come on, come on! This is taking too long!" He finished healing and shielding up his shield.

The two enemies rushed into the other building where Octane was taking cover. I was running out of time. I felt like I was going to pass out. In no time, Octane came back into the building I was in and tried healing me fast before the other enemies rushed. The enemies followed and cornered Octane.. We lost.

The dropship took us back to HQ, treated us, and before you know it, we were good as new again. Octane and I walked down the hallways to our compartment. Once we arrived, we sat down to eat his enchiladas. I felt like I needed to break the silence so I looked at him and smiled cheerfully.

"Today was fun, wasn't it?"

[Octane] – "Yes, it was very fun. We were so close to winning. That would've been my first time."

"You were awesome out there, so cool."

[Octane] – "I wanted to win. I wanted to give you your first win, as a team. Even though we weren't complete."

I stood there blinded by what he said. I stared closely at his mask thinking how he's feeling. The mask is just a bonus. I want to see what's underneath it but at the same time, letting it be as a mystery is better. I have a pretty wild imagination.

"It's okay Octavio. I'm just really happy I got to battle by your side," I smiled genuinely and felt an uncomfortable stare from him. Then I began feeling this burning sensation from my cheeks and I turn to the side to hide myself from embarrassment.

"Well, I think we should start resting up for today. The enchiladas you made were awesome," I said finishing up the food and began heading my way towards the door to my room.

[Octane] – "Wait, (y/n) I want know.." He proceeds closer to my direction as I wait before going in my room.

I look at him feeling even more embarrassed and confused to what he's going to say. It's already weird how it is now. I can't take this feeling no more. He's so close to me.

[Octane] – "I want to know when you're going set up the rules."

I feel like I've been stabbed by a thousand tiny glass shards but at the same time relief. Though I want it to happen someday... Bloodhound and I ... his mask is an arousal towards me, not knowing what they look like and imaging how they actually look like underneath. Octane is too much for me, I can't handle it and for him to be living with me must be a coincidence but I'm not complaining. Thank you god for blessing me with these men.

( TwT) —amen

"You're right, we'll definitely make them tomorrow morning. Um, anything else you'd like to add on?"

[Octane] – "That was all I wanted to say. Well, I guess we should rest now."

"Mhm, goodnight Octavio. Sleep well," I said as I close the door behind me and plopped onto bed, sleeping.

"Buenos noches.. y gracias (y/n)," he says quietly heading to his room, closes the door. He sits on the bed thinking through his head, removing his mask off and lays on his bed towards the wall. He falls asleep with a smile on his face.