Feelings

Third POV:

After everyone finished eating and the throne room was quieting down, Nia stood, turning everyone's attention to her. 

"In ten candle marks, the feast to honor My daughter and Heda's union, shall commence. Those of you who have finished eating may leave and those who are not may finish before departing." 

Most people began leaving while others slowly finished. Clarke was still nibbling at her food, while Lexa, Anya, and Rowan had finished. 

"Clarke." The voice startled the blonde and also sent a shiver of fear down her spine. Lifting her gaze to her nomon, she was met with cold, grey eyes. "You will get your injuries checked after you have finished eating. After which, you may spend the day as you wish."

Having said all she needed, Nia, spun on her heal, and quickly left the throne room.

A hand landing on her shoulder caused her to jump and reach for the knife laying beside her plate. Soothing words calmed her panic as her eyes found the forest green's of Lexa's.

"I'm sorry for startling you." Lexa said worriedly. "I wanted to ask if you would like me and Anya to accompany you to the healer?"

"Oh." Clarke said trying to reign in her racing heart and flurried thoughts. "I d-don't think," She started, only to be interrupted by her brother.

"Mochof, Heda. I would feel more comfortable to have you and Anya with her. I need to talk to some of the Generals and am unable to go." He said. 

"B-but." Clarke tried.

"Clarke I would feel better knowing they would be there to look after you while I can't. There are many who would wish you harm here today, and I will not have anything happen to you." 

"Okay." She finally agreed.

Saying his farewell, Rowan stood to go address the generals, most likely to see how they will react to what he has planned, Lexa thinks.

"Would you like to finish eating?" Anya asks, noticing the smaller blonde staring at her half eaten meal. 

Clarke glanced up at her, than back to her plate giving a small nod. She didn't want to disappoint Lexa, by not eating the food she put onto her plate. 

"Alright, we will wait for you to finish, there is no hurry." Anya said giving Clarke a gentle smile. Anya usually wouldn't be caught dead smiling at someone where anyone could see her, but she found smiling came easily around the smaller blonde.

Clarke blushed slightly at the smile Anya was giving her. She has only known the two woman beside her for little more than an hour, but she already felt safe with them. Although that didn't mean there wasn't still an underlying fear of the two woman. The lady in her head said they are trustworthy and that they will care for her, but she's still weary. She does barely know them. 

Continuing to eat small bites of her food, as Lexa and Anya talked while also asking her questions, she pushed her worries to the back of her mind, trying to enjoy the easy conversation with the two.

Her answers may only be short and to the point, but that's mostly because she doesn't have very much experience with talking to others. The only people she has talked to regularly are her brother, mother and seudo sister Ontari. 

With her mother it is only to give either mission reports or to please her in some way, never being allowed to say what she wants. With her sister it's mostly about missions, training, but she also asks me about my day, sometime just listening as I talk about all the new things I've seen or heard during the day.