CHAPTER ONE

I rinsed the plate off, placing it in its correct cabinet before going back to the sink and scrubbing another one

Just then, my aunt walked out of her room in her robe, her cat already placed in her arms. She looks at me shocked before quickly recovering, "What are you doing, sweetheart?"

I dried the plate, "Washing dishes."

"Washing dishes!?" She exclaimed, setting her cat on the floor and leaning her hand on the counter.

"....Yes?" I answered strangely, putting the dish in the cabinet and turning around to face her.

"Why on earth are you washing dishes?" She asks, "It's summer!"

"I know, I know. But I thought you missed me while I was in Mystic Falls." I smirked, knowing damn well she enjoyed the house to herself.

"Oh, you." She shook her head, "Go hangout with that handsome boyfriend of yours."

"Can't." I sighed, "He's at work."

"Well i'm sure you can visit him later." She smiled, "Go visit Steve!"

I nod, "Sounds like a plan. Heard he got a job at the mall."

I walk to my room, hearing my aunt squeal, "Oh, I love Steve!" Yeah aunty, who doesn't.

When I reached my room I nearly tripped over a suitcase. I had just landed today from Mystic Falls where I spent the first month of summer, which wasn't to exciting, but hey, I got to see my siblings and friends.

I picked up the suitcase and layed it next to my bed, pulling on a pair of black converse before skipping out the door.

|

I stood up, pulling my short-shorts down and getting off the bus, arriving at Starcourt Mall. I have a feeling i'm going to have great memories here.

A smile spreads across my face as I search the hundreds of shops 'till I find the one I'm looking for, 'Scoops Ahoy'.

A girl with short hair, dressed in a sailors uniform, was sat at the cash register, bored out of her mind.

I walk up to the table and she stands a little straighter then her hunched position earlier.

"Hi, I'm Emmie." I smile.

"Robin." She sighs, "What would you like?"

"Just a scoop of chocolate chip please." I reply, just as a mop of brown hair busts through the back door, "Emmie! I knew I heard your voice. How was it in Mystic Falls? Not better then here, right?"

"Hey Steve." I laugh, giving him a tight hug, just as Robin mumbles something along the lines of, "More people, yay."

I thank Robin for the ice cream cone before paying, stuffing a five dollar bill in the tip jar. I comment on Steve's sailors costume as he leads me to the back area so we could continue are conversation.

|

I had stayed and talked to Steve for more then 2 hours, deciding I was going to leave and visit Billy at the pool.

Steve and I said are goodbye's before I exited the mall, catching a ride on the bus.

I arrived at the community pool shortly, just in time to see Billy come out of a door which i assumed to be the staff only.

He walked out with confidence, pushing his sunglasses up his nose as another lifeguard-which I didn't know the name of-waved at him, giving him a flirty smile. Billy ignored her, still having no clue I was here, and continuing to walk to the lifeguard post. That's when I realized the middle-aged women drooling at Billy.

I was shocked for a second before recovering. I sped over to Billy, putting my hands over his eyes and giggling, "Guess who."

Billy gasped, "Emmie!" He spun around, picking me up and hugging me tightly before kissing me sweetly on the lips.

"Hi, baby." I smiled, laughing as he set me down.

"I missed you, when did you get back? You didn't talk to any boys while you were gone, did you-?"

"No, Billy. I did not flirt with any boys, but I did talk to some." I chuckled, following him to his lifeguard post, "I just stopped here to say hi, i'm going to go back home now, gonna take a nap."

"No," Billy whined, "I haven't seen you for a month and now you're ditching me for your bed."

I shrug, "I would ask you to come with me but you're working."

Billy scoffs, "It's not my fault! I need this money."

"I could compel your manager to let you take this shift off. Or, no, better yet, I could just compel you money." I smile innocently.

Billy sighs, "After my shift I promise I'll come cuddle with you, deal?"

I pretend to think, scratching my head, "Deal."

|

I was laying on top of my blankets, the broken fan in my room creaking every second.

I awoke to the sound of my door softly opening, Billy walked in holding a paper bag.

I sat up, stretching before smiling at my boyfriend, "Hey."

"Hi, Em. Told you I was coming." He holds up the bag, "And I brought you Benny's."

My eyes widen as I reach out, taking the bag from his hands, "Thank you!"

He laughs, sitting down next to me, "You're welcome."

I look up to him, his pretty blue eyes twinkling.

I toss the bag on my nightstand, climbing on his lap and kissing him on his soft lips. He immediately responds, pulling me closer as I wrap my arms around his neck.

Before anything else could happen, a loud knock sounded at my door. I quickly pushed myself away from Billy, jumping onto my feet, walking close to the door as a group of kids scurried in.

"Hey Emmie!" Will smiled.

"You're back!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Finally!" Max added.

"Hey guys," I beamed, "I missed you."

We had a small group hug before I spoke again, "Where's Mike?"

This made Lucas roll his eyes, "Probably sucking face with El somewhere."

"Yeah, he never hangs out anymore!" Will sighs.

"And if he does then he's always late." Max finishes just as Billy let out a quiet snort.

The three turn their attention to Billy, their lips forming a frown.

"So!" I shouted, bringing their attention back to me, "Dustin is coming back tomorrow."

"I know!" Will bubbles, "We've made a plan for when he comes back if you want to join in."

"Sure, what is it?" I ask, picking up a blood bag from the small cooler and gulping it down. No one looks at me strangely, they are all used to it.

"So, basically..." Lucas begins to fill me in on the plan they had for when Dustin gets home, and I couldn't be more excited.