CHAPTER THREE

Dustin speeds through the door, making my eyes widen

"Hey Dust." I greet.

"Sup Em." He replies quickly.

"So, how'd it go-" I was cut off by the sound of a slamming door, "Okay." I nod, placing my cup in the sink and going to my room.

On the way I checked the time on the clock nailed to the wall, '7:23'.

I dug through my closet finding a red t-shirt and cuffed denim shorts. I slapped on some dark red lip stick, taking a deep breath before putting on my high tops.

I straighten my hair a little more before I hear a car pull up to the house. I smile, turning the flat iron off and making my way to the front door.

I pull open the door, smiling, "Hey, ba-" I stop when I notice My Aunt stood at the other side.

"Hello, dear." She smiles back, making her way inside, "What were you doing right at the door."

"Uh, nothing." I lie, "Just heard you coming."

I glance up at the clock, '8:04'.

I sigh, sitting on the couch and messing with my fingers while I wait for Billy to show.

Long story short, he never did.

|

"Hey, Em." I heard a quiet voice say, "Em, wake up."

I slowly peel my eyes open to reveal Dustin looking down at me, "Hi?"

"Hi, yeah-good morning. I need to tell you something." He tells me.

"What is it?" I ask, using my arms to push myself up on my bed.

"I'll tell you soon, just come to Scoops with me and I'll explain everything to you and Steve." Dustin assures, pulling my arm so I fall out of the bed. Luckily, I catch myself, landing hardly on my feet.

"Dustin!" I shout, he responds with a shrug and a grin, "I have to do something first, but I'll meet you there, alright?"

He nods, scurrying out of the room and too his own.

I grab a towel and rush to the bathroom, turning the shower on.

I strip off my clothes and get in, doing what you do in the shower before shutting the water off, sticking my arm out to grab a towel and wrapping myself in it.

I step out, quickly changing into high waisted shorts and a baby blue shirt with the sleeves cut off, tucking it into my shorts.

I blow dry my hair and straighten it. Hearing a loud complaint from Dustin about how i'm taking to long, I go to my room and complete my outfit with a belt.

I throw on socks and sneakers, slurp down a blood bag, and leave the house, set on a mission.

|