CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world," Mike explains

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy adds.

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks.

"It's big." Jonathan answers, "30 feet at least."

"Yeah." Lucas nods, "It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry."

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, and took away Emmie's vampire-ness, it's like some kind of gigantic...weapon?" Steve recites.

"Yes." Nancy nods.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon with melted people?" Steve questions.

"Yes, exactly." Nance nods again.

"Yeah, okay." Steve takes a seat next to me, "I-yeah, i'm just making sure."

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asks.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max answers.

"But if we close the gate again-" Will starts.

"We cut the brain off from the body."Max finishes.

"And kill it." Lucas continues, "Theoretically."

"Yoo-hoo!" I hear a voice holler from behind us.

I turn to see a man that Hopper and Joyce arrived with, he was partly bald on the top of his head and had glasses perched right over his eyes. He was waving papers around in his hands frantically, calling our attention.

Steve helped me up, almost carrying me to the tables where the man had sat the papers down.

"Okay, this is what Alexei called, 'the hub'." The guy starts, pointing to a place on the papers that looked like blueprints, "Now, the hub takes us to the vault room."

"Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper asks, peering at the papers over the mans shoulder, his hands on his hips.

"Right here." The man points to a spot, "I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room. Maybe 50 feet or so."

"More like 500." Erica steps in, "What, you're just gonna waltz in there like its commie Disneyland or something?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The guy that I'm yet to know the name of asks.