Chapter 9: Elven Species

The Elven Species
The mysterious and ancient species of the world.

Basic Information:
Anatomy & Morphology
Akachena:
Much like the The Human Species, this race shares a very similar skeleton and structure. However, they have longer ears than humans and their kin, the Stryth Elves.

Stryth:
This race shares the same characteristics as Akachena, but are known to have multiple variants of colored skin. Additionally, their eyes have a glowing effect, which allows them to see even in the darkest of areas. Much like the The Human Species, this race shares a very similar skeleton and structure.
However, they have sharp ears that are slightly longer than Human ears, but shorter than their kin, the Akachena Elves.
Their teeth are also a point of interest as their upper and lower fangs are slightly longer than any other Elven or Human teeth.
This marks ferocity and gives them the added ability to tear through meat and skin faster.

Zychlunes:
While certain aspects of the Zychlune resembles a human, there are distinct differences.
Their bodies consist of a mix of skin and plant life, which looks like they are part of nature itself.
Another remarkable part of their bodies is the nails that are as strong as claws and almost as long as dagger blades.
This race also has the ability to twist their skeleton to move in unsettling ways.

Growth Rate & Stages

Akachena:
Year 0-3 Infancy
Year 3-10 Early Childhood
Year 10-16 Middle Childhood
Year 16-20 Late Childhood
Year 20-40 Adolescence
Year 40-75 Early Adulthood
Year 75-250 Midlife
Year 250-400 Mature Adulthood
Year 400+ Late Adulthood
Extra: Akachena also has their ears representing the early ages of life. Normal ears like humans will be present from birth to around 50 years old. Slightly longer and pointy ears appears after 50 years and grows at a low rate. At the age of 80, the ears will be longer and represent young wisdom. The ears will continue to grow until 150 years old, that's when they're fully grown and from this stage, the ears won't change.

Stryth:
Year 0-3 Infancy
Year 3-10 Early Childhood
Year 10-16 Middle Childhood
Year 16-20 Late Childhood
Year 20-50 Adolescence
Year 50-90 Early Adulthood
Year 90-300 Midlife
Year 300-500 Mature Adulthood
Year 500+ Late Adulthood
Extra: Stryth also have small fangs that slightly grow in the upper gums of their mouths until adulthood, which represent ferocity. Compared to Akachena, Stryth has shorter but still sharp ears.

Zychlunes:
Year 0-3 Infancy
Year 3-10 Early Childhood
Year 10-16 Middle Childhood
Year 16-20 Late Childhood
Year 20-180 Adolescence
Year 180-300 Early Adulthood
Year 300-500 Midlife
Year 500-750 Mature Adulthood
Year 750+ Late Adulthood

Ecology and Habitats

Akachena:
The Akachena thrives in forest and jungle biomes, which are heavily tied to nature and animal life. However, they may live just as well in cities as well as under the open sky.

Stryth:
This race thrives in cold and humid areas.
This race usually thrives in a northern climate and excels during humid times of the year. The thing about Stryth Elves is that they adapt to their surroundings fairly easy.
They may live just as well in cities as well as caves.

Zychlunes:
This race thrives in deep jungle environments.

Dietary Needs and Habits

Akachena:
Same as humans, this race hunts and consumes similar nutrition.
However, they are less prone to consume food on a frequent basis like humans are.