Chapter 9: Explaining

Here you guys go another chapter. This one is a little shorter than the others I think. I have the names of the spellbooks so I will be telling you guys them soon. I'm also going to posting the answers to the guessing game we played. I will post a warning if you don't want to see the answers.

Key:
"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Spell/ancient language"
Something important

3rd POV: (Bakugou household, late night)

The ride to the Bakugou household was a tight fit, but everyone was able to fit in one car since Nezu and Izuku could share a seat. We they arrived at the house some time around 2:30am Izuku was somehow now more awake than when they left the station. Halfway through the drive Izuku had put his spellbook inside of his pendant and proceeded to hug his mother's blank book like a lifeline.

When they pulled up to the house and saw that the lights were still on Mitsuki let out a sigh. She wasn't surprised that they stay up to wait for her even though she said not to. Before they went inside Mitsuki turns to face the heroes and Izuku. "I know you said to keep quiet about All For One or whatever his name is but I still need to explain what's going on to my husband and son."

"Don't worry I'll do the explaining. It's part of the job as heroes. Do they know about the blank book thing?" Nezu told the mother as he walks hand in paw with Izuku, who still had the blanket from earlier around his shoulders.

Mitsuki nods, "Thanks that would help a lot and My husband Masaru knows but Katsuki might not remember. I was surprised Izuku remembered what a blank spellbook meant. Judging by the lights they're still up so lets get you all introduced and the hard part over with." Mitsuki pulls opens the door and yells into the house. "I'm back! I have Izuku with me along with some guests!" As she yells through the house she brings them into the living room to get them settled.

Hearing Mitsuki's voice Katsuki runs into the living room with Masaru quickly trailing behind. As soon as Katsuki saw Izuku he tackled him in a hug ignoring the others in the room. "Izu! Where have you been! You were supposed to be here hours ago! You made everyone worry!" Katsuki yells at him with small tears in the corner of his eyes as he pulls away from the hug. Katsuki then takes the time to look around at the people in the room. "Izu, why does it look like you and the old hag have been crying? Where's Auntie and why are there so many heroes here?" Katsuki grips pendant in confusion and worry. Normally he would be happy to see so many heroes at once but the look on both his mother's and Izuku's faces told him something bad had happened.

Masaru was just as confused as Katsuki but the confusion turned to shock and sadness when he saw Inko's book in Izuku's arms. "Izuku..." He starts in a quiet tone getting Izuku's attention along with the others. "Is...is that what I think it is?" Masaru asks pointing to the book.

Izuku nods handing it to Masaru. He quickly flips through the pages with tears forming in his eyes. Still not wanting to believe its true. When he's done he hands the book back to Izuku who puts the book in his pendant.

This makes Katsuki even more confused. "Someone tell me what's going on! Why is everyone crying and what happened to Auntie Inko! And why are these people here!" Katsuki yells tired of being confused and not knowing what's going on.

Katsuki's yelling made Mitsuki snap out of her sadness and remember about the the group of heroes who were waiting quietly on the couch. "Right, lets do introductions then they'll explain why they're here. This is my husband Masaru and my son Katsuki."

Nezu is the first one to speak. "Hello I'm the pro-hero Nezu as well as the principle of UA. With me are the heroes Midnight, Present Mic, and Eraserhead." Each one gave a small wave when their name was said. "We're here not only to explain what happened earlier this evening at the shop Tir na nOg but to provide protection for Izuku."

"Protection? Why does Izu need protection? Masaru asks worriedly

"Earlier this evening a villain attacked Ms.Midoriya and Izuku while they were at the shop alone. Izuku who was in the back room at the time was able listen in on the  conversation between Ms.Midoriya and the villain and give us valuable information. The villain who Ms.Midoriya called Hisashi claimed to be Izuku's father and said. 'I'm here for my son. I'm talking him back with me'. Ms.Midoriya of course refused to let him take Izuku resulting in her death." Nezu says explaining for the second time tonight.

"You're lying!! Auntie can't be dead." Katsuki yells tears streaming down his face his tough guy act gone.

Izuku pulls the crying blond into a tight hug. "She's gone Kacchan...her spellbook's blank that proves it. I-I couldn't get help in time. I couldn't save her." Izuku buries his head in Katsuki's chest trying not to cry.

After hearing what Izuku said Katsuki knew where Izuku's train of thought was going and got pissed. Katsuki quickly grabbed Izuku's shirt and pulled him up so they were face to face. "OH HELL NO!" The heroes were surprised at the sudden change in tone. "You are not fucking blaming yourself for Auntie's death!"

The adults in the room were shocked when they heard that statement. They knew Izuku was upset about Inko's death but they didn't think he blamed himself.

Mitsuki was the next one to speak. "Katsuki! Don't fucking curse you're to young for that language and especially don't curse in front of guests!" She yells cursing just like her son.

"Shut up you old hag." Katsuki yells back. The others watched off to the side as the two argued back and forth.

Midnight took this as a chance to talk to Izuku. "Sweetie, you can't blame yourself for what happened tonight. You're a kid who just got his quirk there isn't much you can do against a grown villain. You ran and got help as quickly as you could. That's better than most, most people would freeze up. I met your mother before and I know she wouldn't want you to blame yourself." The arguing stopped halfway through Midnight's little speech making everyone have their attention on her.

Izuku felt a lot better after listening to Midnight with most of the guilt lifted off of his shoulders a wave a drowsiness fell over Izuku. Causing Izuku to let out a yawn.

Seeing this Mitsuki thanked Midnight for talking with Izuku and picked both Katsuki and Izuku up. "Okay it's time for you two to go to bed." Mitsuki turns to the heroes. "We can finish explaining about what will happen with Izuku and Inko's shop in the morning. I'll grab some pillows and blankets for you to use."

"Thank you. We'll be in here if anything happens." Nezu told the blonde and her husband.

Mitsuki and Masaru put the boys to sleep in Katsuki's room and then went to bed themselves after getting bedding for the heroes. The heroes took turns sleeping in case anything happened.