Chapter 3

It was night...

GOENKA VILLA

Everyone was fast asleep. 

The scene shifted to Kaira's room....

Naira was turning on either side on the bed. She wasn't feeling comfortable. Her nervousness and loneliness had snatched the sleep from her.

She turned her gaze towards the recliner on which Kartik was sleeping but he wasn't there. She got up from the bed and looked into the washroom. He wasnt there too.

Just then, she heard some voices coming from the balcony....

She walked towards the balcony and found Kartik speaking with someone on the phone. He looked guilty, stressed and frustrated.

"No...you are not doing that. Please try  to understand -", he suddenly turned back and looked at Naira.

"Please hold for a minute", he said and put the call on hold. Then, he looked at Naira.

"Why are you here?", Kartik asked trying to be as calm as possible.

"Umm....nothing...my sleep broke and I saw that you weren't there in the room so-", she said looking down at the floor all the while and playing with her fingers but Kartik interrupted her in between.

"I don't want anybody to invade into my private business", Kartik said trying not to lose his temper.

Now, Naira was scared.

"I'm-I'm sorry....it won't happen again", Naira stuttered.

Kartik continued looking at her.

"Will you leave now? PLEASE", Kartik stressed on the word ' PLEASE'. Naira realised that he was losing his temper. Therefore, she nodded and walked away.

Naira walked into the bedroom and laid down on the bed.

She shouldn't have done that!

She closed her eyes and tried to sleep but she was far from sleeping the whole night.

-----------------------

The next morning-

Naira came out from the bathroom after bathing. She was wearing a red saree, her hair was tied in a bun, her mangalsutra adorned her neck, vermillion filled her hairline and the bridal chudas gave her a complete look of a newly married woman.

She saw Kartik sitting on the bed and working on the laptop. She expected him to look at her once and compliment her but he didn't even turn his eyes to her. Disheartened, she sat on the dressing table and untied her bun to release her beautiful, straight still wet hair. She was applying moisturiser but her phone rang. It was her mom's call.

"Yes Maa", she said picking up the call.

Kartik looked at her.

"Yeah Maa, everything is alright", she continued but just then she saw Kartik's reflection in the mirror. He was looking at her with narrow eyes. She realised that he was getting disturbed. So, she quickly got up and walked into the balcony mouthing him a 'sorry'.

"Yes Maa, is everyone fine there?", Naira asked standing near the railing of the balcony.

The scene shifted to Akshara

"Yes laado. Everything's fine. Are you coming today for the pagphere rasam?", Akshara asked her.

"Yes Maa...in the afternoon", Naira replied.

Just then,

"Naira", someone called out for her.

"Maa, I'll talk to you later. Someone's calling me", Naira replied.