Chapter 5- Figuring me out

"A Telepath... I'm a Telepath." I said quietly to myself. The truth was, This whole elf thing freaked me out a lot more than I showed on the outside. I wanted to appear confident in myself and my new-found ability. But I was really just a scared little girl.

Girl elf thing.

"Hey." Keefe whispered in my ear, causing me to jump. For once he didn't make a joke about it, he only squeezed my hand. "I was right, the nervousness I felt was from you."

I must have given him a blank look, because he scrambled to correct himself. He scratched the back of his head with the hand that wasn't holding mine. "Well all elves have special abilities, you know that. I'm not a Telepath, I'm an Empath, which means I can feels peoples emotions through touch."

I frowned. "But you felt my nervousness before you touched me!" I said, confused.

"With some people, I don't need to touch them, I just need to be in the same room as them." He paused. "I say some people but its actually only you it happens with. I've read about it happening though."

A/N I know Keefe can feel Sophie's emotions this way too, but since he has no romantic interest in her, only y/n, He can't.

I hated to admit it, but this made me feel really happy and special inside. Like I was connected to Keefe in a unique way.

I then remembered that I'm half elf.

"Do I have to go to some elf land now?" I asked nervously. I didn't want to leave my mom and dad. I realized with a pang that one or both of them were likely not my real parents.

"We don't know yet." Sophie said. "That's why we're here, to observe and interact with you for period of time to determine whether you must be relocated. That's the mission description anyways."

"So you are all going to be here for a few months?" I asked, trying to hide how happy I was about that. I hadn't had friends in years. It'd be nice to have some again.

"Yes" Sophie said. And with that I was filled with so much happiness and confidence that I turned to Keefe and blurted "Do you want to go to Homecoming with me?"