Chapter 8- The Bus

Sophie stops suddenly. "WHAT!?" she transmits. I am starting to wish I hadn't mentioned it now, in the crowded hallway, where if anyone forgot to transmit, it would be a disaster. "Let's meet at my house." I said quietly. Sophie got the hint and nodded. She took out her phone, which she told me they didn't have in the elvin world, and texted Biana, Linh, Fitz, Dex, Tam, and Keefe. I texted my mom and told her my friends were coming over.

Sophie and I exited the school and walked to the bus stop silently. The awkwardness of the silence was choking me.

We got on the bus and I transmitted to her, "Why do you think I've manifested another ability?" "I don't know..." Sophie replied. "I hope there's nothing wrong with me." I transmit sadly. She pats my shoulder and gives an encouraging smile. Just then the bus pulls to a stop and Fitz and Keefe get on the bus. Keefe waves at me with a goofy grin on his face. Half of the girls from my school on the bus glare at me with jealousy in their eyes and the other half don't care. Keefe comes towards me and Sophie moves to next to Fitz. Keefe plops down beside me and slings his arm around my shoulders.

"How was your day y/n? Awful without me?" He teases. I smirk and playfully poke his nose.

"You wish Sencen!" He laughs, a joy filled laugh that makes his eyes twinkle even more than usual. "I love you y/n" he says while gazing at me. I just can't help gaze back until I hear someone squeal "OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!". I turn to see Biana, taking pictures of Keefe and I.

"Bianaaaa!" I complain, covering my face with my hands.

"I can't help it!!!" she exclaims.

I sigh and turn to look out of the window. The sky is the exact shade of blue as Keefes eyes....

"I know you're thinking about me." Keefe says. "And how do you know that?" I respond. "Because you have that dreamy look on your face." My face turns red. Did i really have a dreamy look on my face whenever i thought about Keefe?! He lifts my chin up to i'm looking right at him. "Don't worry y/n, It's cute." We gaze into each other's eyes. We get closer and closer. Our lips are a millimeter away. This is it, my first kiss!  "Quit it lovebirds!" exclaims Tam.

Keefe glares at Tam. Tam smirks. "Now we're even!" Keefe turns back to me, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "What did you do to Tam?" I ask to make it less awkward. "I sort of... filled his locker with a bunch of plastic forks." A/N- this is inspired by this locker I saw when I was at another school for a choir concert. I laugh. "You're ridiculous." I say as the bus stops outside my house."

We walk out, hand in hand.