Struggles and Emotions

It had been a month since the dance, since Keefe had said that he loved me. About a week after the dance, we went on our first official date. Biana was not-so-secretly watching us the entire time. We probably wouldn't have noticed her, but she had started squealing when Keefe held my hand. 

School is going well. I had always gotten good grades, but now they were all nearly perfect. All 98s, 99s, and a few 100s. Except for one class.

Physical Science.

Dr. Tandon doesn't think it is possible for me to suddenly have Straight As. She is determined to give me the worst possible grades she can. I put up with it. I am putting up with it, because I still have an A in the class. Until one day she handed back a test with a big fat F on it. I stared at it, my mouth open in shock. I was so shocked, that my mental blocking failed and Dr. Tandon's thoughts filled my head. 

"That'll teach her, nobody can get a perfect grade on a test, it's just not possible!" She thought. I was tempted to transmit "Yes it is." back, but stopped myself before I did. I had to handle this the human way. I raised my hand. "What is it y/n." Dr. Tandon said. "I think you graded my test wrong. Every answer is marked correct, but you gave me an F." Everyone in the class turned to Dr. Tandon. Her face went red. "Discussing Grades in class is against the rules, detention for the rest of the week." She sneered. I was furious, but I kept it in. I knew it wasn't against the rules to talk about grades during class. 

I tooks some deep breaths to calm myself down, and I was calm, but I still felt anger.

Except it wasn't mine, I realized.

It was everyone else's

Everyone had an angry expression on their face, which surprised me, because I wasn't exactly popular. In fact, I was the least popular girl in the grade, probably in the whole school! "You can't give her a bad grade just because she's smarter than you!" I heard a furious voice shout. I didn't recognize the voice, And I looked in the direction that it came from.

It was Linh's. I had never seen her angry before, or raise her voice. It was shocking. Everyone else was shocked too. Linh had gotten the reputation as the quiet girl, and not many people had heard her talk. 

Then the bell rang. It was the end of the day. 

Sophie caught up to me in the halls "The nerve of her!" She exclaimed. "I almost inflicted on her I was so angry." Sophie transmitted. "Inflicted? What's that?" I transmitted back. I knew Sophie had multiple abilities, but I didn't know what they were. "I can inflict pain on people." She replied. I was shocked. It was a strange ability for some of the peaceful elves to have. 

I them remembered that I had felt peoples emotions.

"Sophie?" I transmitted. "Yeah?" she transmitted back. "I think I manifested a new ability, Empathy."