Act 1, Scene 5

"Are you alright Madara?"

In truth, no, no he wasn't-—not that he'd ever confess it. Madara was conflicted. He felt so goddamn conflicted. He wanted Eliza to succeed in her job as an actor...but he also needed her to help him get home. She couldn't do both. She didn't have enough time. He was fighting with someone terrifying...himself. Or his selfishness to be exact.

"I'm fine." He said curtly, turning away from Eliza causing her to frown. Something was definitely up.

"You sure?" She asked, "You seem down." She pressed as she sat down beside him.

     "Yes." He snapped coldly causing Eliza to flinch. Madara has never snapped at her before. Blinking away tears she stood up and nodded.

     "Yes!" A voice snapped in the back of her head. "I'm fine! Just leave me alone!"

     Eliza pushed away the memory.

     "A-Alright..." she forced a smiled, "I'll be in my room...just...let me know when you need me!" She called out as she ran into her room and shut the door.

Madara sat there in silence.

Tch.

     He was to proud to apologize.

     Not again... Eliza thought to herself bitterly, I won't let his memory ruin me. He won't ruin me!

Eliza inhaled and exhaled, effectively calming herself down. She had no time to waste on her good for nothing boyfriend right? She had enough on her plate, a vengeful ex wasn't one of them.

Okay...Madara. She thought with a troubled expression, he's from a timeline in which he hadn't defected yet and Naruto hasn't been born. That's good. I can either let the timeline continue...with no guarantee it'll be the same or try...changing it.

She gulped.

What if I erase someone from existence?!

It would be the same as murder! Eliza couldn't do that!

She tried thinking of ways to overcome and avoid obstacles. Eliza mentally reviewed the plot and key points that defined necessary and unnecessary. She jotted down crucial character development.

How people changed with time.

How does someone change with time? Eliza asked herself, frowning. He certainly changed. I thought that he was different...we used to be so close and...

"Why did I even like that twit?!" Eliza growled as she screamed into her pillow.

     The sound of the front door opening then slamming met Madara's ears. He stood up and glanced out the window. Eliza had left, running down the sidewalk. Sighing to himself he followed behind, unbeknownst to her.

     It wasn't Madara she was upset at. It was his choice of words that triggered painful memories. Her ex-boyfriend said the exact same thing near the end of their relationship. She believed him. Now that she heard Madara's words she couldn't get her ex out of her head.

     Eliza was a fool for believing him.

     Her ex used to tell her everything was fine and that he was okay...

     They weren't.

     She needed to escape her own mind. From behind, Madara followed from a safe distance.