Act 2, Scene 3

"Y-you can...?"

     Eliza wouldn't dare doubt Madara, but she couldn't let her hopes up too high. Still, she couldn't stop her heart from leaping at the words.

     "Guard the door." Madara instructed, activating his sharingan, "I'll try and wake him."

Nodding anxiously, she checked to make sure that her mother was out of sight and the doctors hadn't arrived yet.

     Giving Madara a shaky thumbs up, he began to work.

     Building up chakra in his hand Madara gently pressed his palm onto Jared's forehead. He couldn't help but think back to Izuna, his own brother when he lay at death's door. A cruel bitterness filling him at the thought. If only he'd agreed to Hashirama's offer earlier or Tobirama died instead—-

—-no! he stopped himself. Madara couldn't allow his thoughts to follow that dangerous line of thinking.

     Instead, Madara focused on trying to untangle Jared's chakra network. Frustration bubbling up inside as he struggled to pull his intertwining pathways apart without causing permanent damage. Madara was an adequate healer, though he wished Mito Uzumaki were there to help. She wouldn't have had any problem with it, he confessed begrudgingly.

He felt Jared stir and took his chance.

Carefully pulling up the boy's eyelids he activated his Mangekyo causing the world around him to dissolve into nothingness. His last sight being Eliza's determined face, one that filled him with a burning desire to succeed. He might have lost Izuna, but now that he had the power to save a life he wouldn't fail.

He needed to do this for Eliza...and himself. He needed to do this for Izuna's memory.

When Madara opened his eyes again he was standing in the very same hospital room, only it was empty, except for one other person. He was a younger boy facing the other way.

"Jared." He called carefully, noting the subtle twitch the boy made. "It's time to go home. Your family is waiting for you."

"I don't have a home." The boy spun around, startling Madara with his striking likeness to Eliza. There were obvious differences but the resemblance was uncanny. "I have no family."

"Eliza is waiting for you." Madara insisted patiently.

Jared's eyes widened.

"You know Sissy?"

"I do." He nodded firmly, "you look like her." He stated.

The boy snorted.

"She looks like me." He corrected.

Madara smiled at that.

Their personalities were alike as well.

"Did Sis send you here?"

Madara nodded, "She did. Eliza misses you very much."

Jared frowned, "does she really?"

"She does."