Prologue

Jisung cried into his friend's arms as he tried explaining what happened. He was so shaken up that he could barely even make words.

"Jisung, breathe. Hyung, you're okay," Felix tries, running his fingers through the older's hair and rubbing his neck to try and calm him down.

It was currently twelve in the morning and Jisung had been coming home from work when he was roughly pushed into an alleyway. The man had a death grip on both of Jisung's arms while his teeth were grazing the younger's neck. The man's lips were ice cold as they kissed down his shoulder.

The young boy tried to scream but was shushed when a hand clamped around his throat. He was crushing his windpipe. The man glared into Jisung's eyes, but his eyes weren't normal. They were blood-red; an inhumane color.

Jisung didn't have time to think further because he was suddenly on the ground, and the man was knocked into the brick wall behind them. He didn't waste any time and question the force that had knocked the two away from each other, he got up and pushed his winded body forward and away from the scene.

When he made it to his shared apartment, he stumbled up the stairs and shoved his key in the door to unlock it. When he got inside, he slammed the door shut, which woke up his best friend, and slid down the door in tears.

"Jisung, please tell me what happened," Felix tried again, clearing his friend's tears away with his thumb pads.

"A-a man pushed me into a-an alleyway," Jisung sobbed, "he gripped my arms s-so h-hard, Felix."

Jisung lifted his arms and shakily pulled up his sleeves. It revealed two, large, hand-shaped prints. The smaller of the two reached out, brushing his fingertips across the marks.

"I tried to get away, I did," the brown-haired boy cries, "he was kissing my neck a-and he wrapped his hand around my throat. I couldn't breathe Lix, it's like he was trying to kill me."

"Oh, Jesus, Jisung," Felix hugged his friend tightly, feeling him start to cry again.

"H-he wasn't human, Felix," Jisung says into Felix's shoulder, his voice a bit muffled. "His eyes were red. They were so red."

Jisung could feel Felix tense up, and he pulled away with a worried expression, "Jisung, you know those things aren't real. It was probably the lights from outside."

"F-Felix, please. I kn-know what I saw. They were blood red, Felix," the older insists. "A-and something pushed him into the wall behind him. I don't know what it was."

"He probably just slipped. Thank god for the rain earlier," the orange-haired male says.

"Felix please!" Jisung abruptly cut him off, standing up, "just stop! I-I'm just going to go to bed. M-maybe you're right. I don't know."

"Hyung, calm down-"

"I'm calm! It's fine!" Jisung huffs, storming to his bedroom while wanting to sob his heart out.

Felix sat on the couch, head in his hands, having felt guilty of the lies he told. If only Jisung knew.

The orange-haired male sent a quick message to Chris, telling him what happened. Besides that, he also had to worry about a rogue vampire. He'd heard about recent murders of people, but he didn't think it'd be so close to his home.