6

"Shit," I sit up, swinging my legs off of the bed despite Minho telling me not to move. "I still have work."

I mean, no one was there to stop me. Felix, Minho, and Changbin were the in living room. How ironic, but even they couldn't stop me. I had a job to do and I was going to do it despite my leg throbbing as soon as I stood on it... but all I did was sit at work, so there should be no problem.

I slid on my work shirt, pulling on black cargo pants with it. I couldn't wear jeans for obvious reasons.

The bedroom door swung open, "Jisung, what are you doing?"

I turn to give Minho a sheepish smile, "I have work..."

He rolls his eyes, "you're not going."

"If I don't go, I'll get fired. I already took too many days off last week."

"You took like two off!"

"And that's too many!"

"You better take those shoes off right now and get back into that bed before I count to ten."

Instead, I roll my eyes, "I'm not a child and you're not my dad. I'm going to work and you can't stop me."

"Baby, you're injured. I can call your boss and tell him you got into an accident. The rogue-"

I ignore him, tying my laces. I grab my wallet and phone. Limping towards the door, both Felix and Changbin try stopping me. I understand that I'm hurt and in pain, but I have a job. It's not like I broke my leg.

"Ten."

I jump, startled at the voice. I was about to get inside the elevator when Minho sped towards me. Suddenly, I was lifted into the air.

"Minho!" I screeched, hitting him. "Put me down, now!"

"You're not going to work. I already told you that. You are going to lay down in your bed and sleep. I'm not taking no for an answer," he growls making me gulp.

He hangs me over his shoulder, walking me back into the apartment and gently laying me on Felix's bed.

I divert my gaze away from him with my arms crossed, biting my tongue to will myself not to burst into tears. I hated being cooped up inside. I hated being in danger. I hated knowing that my life was on the line.

A sob escaped my mouth and I covered my face, letting my tears soak into my skin. Arms snaked themselves around my shoulders and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I'm sorry, Jisung, I'm so sorry," he whispers, kissing my head repeatedly.

There was a lot on my mind. How could I be the fucking lucky meal for a monster? Me. Just me. Why did I have to be walking late at night after work? Why did I have to be the one that looked like a good snack?

"I just want this to end, Minho," I cry, my voice muffled by his shoulder.

"I know baby, I know. We're trying to find him. I promise it'll be over soon."

"It'd be better if I were like you guys," I mutter, not fully thinking about what I was talking about.

"No, it wouldn't. It might seem like it, but I don't want you to have to live like this."

"Why would it be so bad? I wouldn't be leaving anything behind. I have no family. My education is just about ending, though I should've dropped out last year. Why would it be so bad if I was turned?"

He sighs, "I don't want you being a monster."

My eyebrows come together in confusion, "you're not a monster, Min. None of you guys are. I don't even know why you'd say that. You're not a monster. People only become monsters by their own decisions. Not by any accidents or things that happened to them without consent. I don't see any vampire going up to a human saying, 'oh hey, you want to become an immortal?' That doesn't happen. I wouldn't be a monster if I turned either. This is my choice because I want to stay with you all. You guys have become the closest thing to family, even though we've just met a few months ago. I'd give up anything for you guys."

"God, you make me question everything sometimes," he laughs, kissing the top of my head.

"Just think about it, Min," I respond, closing my eyes and relaxing my body.