10

My eyes flutter open, my vision clear as day. There was no pain. No dull pains. No bruising pains. I felt... okay. I felt alive.

I sit up, my arms out for support on a bed. I was in a... bedroom. A bedroom I didn't recognize. The window across from me showed a bunch of trees, unlike the city we were previously in.

Footsteps cut me from my thoughts. My head snaps toward the person, the person who surprises me with their beauty everyday.

"Minho," I breathe out, relief spreading through me like a wildfire.

I swing my legs off of the bed, not realizing the clothing I wore, and rush to him. The speed rustles my hair, but I don't notice that either. I just focus on the man in front of me.

"I missed you," he whispers, his hands finding my hips and rubbing up and down my sides.

My arms snake their way around his neck, pulling him close, "How long was I out? What happened?"

He sighs, nestling his face in my hair, "A few days. He threw you to the ground without us noticing he was around. We got him, but it was too late for you. You... you're like us, and I'm so sorry. I never wanted you to be like this. I'm so sorry, Jisung."

I shake my head, "don't be. I'm happy to be here with you. I'd rather live forever with you than die for nothing. I love you, Min. I never would want to leave you. Where are the others? Where are we?"

"We're two towns over. It's another estate we own. We had to leave, the guy had too many friends on his side. And our friends are out hunting, which I believe we need to do also."

The sudden dryness dawned upon me; I felt like I was in a cliché vampire movie. I tried ignoring the stinging pain, trying to think of the other things.

"What about the apartment? What about my job? Mr.Kwon-"

"We told him you needed a new start after an accident you had," he begins, making me release a breath of ease. "We got all of yours and Felix's things."

I relax a bit, "thank you, thank you so much."

He hums, stepping away just to lean down for a sweet, hungry kiss. It was over in a quick second though, unfortunately.

"Let's hunt, I'll help you."