4

Chan nods apologetically, "you are. That's mostly why Minho has been taking you to work everyday since the attack. We can't let you go alone and risk it."

"I understand that, but what'll happen if Min can't be there? And I love your guys' company, but I like walking and clearing my mind," I say, feeling uneasy about everything.

"We already came up with a plan for that. Some days, one of us can walk with you. Other days, we'll have at least one of us keep an eye on you. We can stay hidden, like we're not even there. It sounds creepy, but it's for your safety."

I chuckle, "so you'll be like the ninja turtles? Always on roofs, and sometimes in sight?"

The group laughs at my comparison, but he nods, "kind of, yeah."

"I call being Mikey!" Jeongin shouts, making the others start to shout for the characters.

"Chan is obviously Master Splinter," I say, laughing with Changbin as he agrees.

"You're like April," Minho nudges, making me gasp in offense before owning up to it.

"True. She's a sometimes helpless badass who has Donatello wrapped around her finger. That makes you the nerd," I giggle.

"We're all nerds for comparing this to a cartoon," Seungmin points out with an eye roll.

"Okay, back on track. We only have to do this until we can find out who it is and kill them."

"Okay... well, how long do you think it'll be until he tries to show up again?"

"A few days?" Chan shrugs, "I'm not sure, but we'll be careful. We won't let him hurt you."

"But what if he does? What if I'm not going to work and all of your are busy?" I ask.

"That won't happen. We'll make sure of it."

-

"Min?" I call out.

We had come back to my apartment the next day after sorting everything out. Felix stayed back with Changbin, so we were by ourselves.

"Yes, baby?" He shifts, making himself able to look into my eyes.

I gaze at him, finally noticing the small differences I hadn't paid attention to earlier. His eyes were golden-brown, with specks of red. His touch was inhumanly cold; that's why I had his sweatshirt on. His canine teeth were sharper than I had originally thought.

"Do you sleep?"

He shakes his head, "no, but we can get mentally drained."

"Can you eat human food?"

"We can, but we try to avoid it since we just have to puke it up later."

"Have you always drank animal blood?"

He goes silent for a minute, making me look at him with worry. Maybe I went too far.

"I haven't, but Chan helped me stop. It was just difficult making the transition, but it's okay."

I nod, trying to muster up any other questions I had. I didn't want to completely bombard him with them, I just needed to know these things. Especially if I was going to continue dating him.

"What-... what'll happen if the rogue gets me?" I softly whisper, not connecting our eyes. I was beyond scared, even if I had seven vampires protecting me. One slip up, and I was dead.

"He won't," Minho says sternly, his words sounding strained. "I'll protect you at any cost."

I stay silent, knowing that I upset him. It wasn't me who upset him, just the thought of me not thinking he could protect me.

Tears brim the edges of my eyes. I grasp his hand tightly, feeling the cold, dead weight of it. How didn't I notice before? How could I have been so oblivious when all of the signs were there?

I remove my hand, standing up quickly and walking to my room. Though he's seen me cry before, I couldn't bare to be in the same room while I did this time.

In moments like these, I wish I had offed myself years before. But even then, I was too cowardly to do it. I'm happy I didn't. It's just the fear talking, controlling my thoughts.

"Minho..." I whisper, clenching my jaw, "God, I love you so much." The tears rolled down my face as I sit back against the closed door.

I cried silently, knowing that he could possibly hear how hard my heart was beating or how sometimes I'd take in a quick breath so I wasn't putting too much pressure on my head.

"Well, what do we have here?"