Chapter Ten "Masks and Cars don't mix."

[Ej Pov]

The kitchen was barren left only to me and [Name]. My gloved hand still clasping on her wrist. No doubt the difficulty to bring her to the kitchen, dragging her feet and all, was time consuming. Her hair wafted a fresh scent of my honey products, how sweet. The hardwood floor switched over to a tan title with accents, oh the formality. The once new stainless fridge was covered in blood, dents and alcohol.

Before opening the fridge door, I began to hope for no horrible smells leaked from it. Thankfully my hope was answered with a somewhat refreshing scent pouring. On the other hand, finding multiple cases of beer was not pleasing. Searching through all the compartments of the interior, only to pull up ball lettuce. This would never do, it was old and moldy, tossing the rotted food into an overflowing trash can. I turned to face [Name] and she appeared weak and tired. I don't think she can stand another day here. Knowing fairly well that she still needed something to eat.

Moving away from the kitchen, dragging [Name] along with me, we walked up the stairs into my room, I opened the mini fridge, and pulled out a brown paper sack. Her movements became hesitant and defensive, after I showed the paper sack. Ignoring all of that, opening the door motioning her out. I started a stare off for a few moments until winning, then only did she open and close her mouth wanting to say something but no words would form. Motioning for her again to leave. She followed suit this time, eyes fixated on the wooden floor.

Remembering that all the last shopping items were still in the car, I began walk with a glance over my shoulder making sure that she was following like a duckling. We moved over to where the car was recklessly parked in shrubberies with their roots and leaves were strown all over the place. Quickly leaving that behind for someone else, I hopped into the driver's side after helping [Name] in. Her wound would need cleaning soon since a small red dot was arising from the skin once more. It wouldn't matter if it covered the seat, for they were already dyed red from the other night.

[Your Pov]

Anxiety was at its high point, who would wear a mask to drive? He could probably barely see the lines, because the car would aim for the trees that were on the other side of the road. It was like a snake swaging back and forth, and at an extreme pace. Trees blurred passed until suddenly you hit your head on the dashboard with blood gushing, as the wound covered the blue hoodie in more blood. A small 'sorry' was murmured to you as a deer ran past the car.

Looking out the back window, tire marks were scratched into the road, facing forward and covering your forehead with a hand you turned to Jack, "What was that for?!" growling at him. Wheels a-rolling again, he answered facing the road, "A deer.". "Can you give me some warning next time?" He only shrugged, glancing toward you, "Your wound is not that bad so don't cover it with your hands. They have dirt on them.". Removing your hand, letting the blood coat the hoodie.

Dropping your head low and beginning to close your eyes as you felt exhaustion washed over. The blood loss couldn't be a factor since Jack said it wasn't all that bad, but then again he was a organ eater, was he not. Turning to Jack forcing your head to stay level, you plainly slurred "What do you like to eat?" as you stared at his mask giving no answer, almost if he hadn't wanted to reply. Resting a heavy head on the door of the red car, you began to drift somewhere new.

You woke up with a startled flinch, still inside the car that's warm and cozy despite the fact that the heater was turned off. Gazing down to see a new hoodie on, you felt your face heat up, then scanning the whole inside of the car, hoping to locate Jack. Not locating the masked boy in the vehicle, it was best to take a look outside. Appearing to be at a park, as you spotted Jack sitting the farthest away on a picnic table. Trees frame over the entire site, their branches spreading wide and casted over the grass fed ground. Once you stepped outside of the car, you deeply inhaled the winter air and along with it, a leaf. Spitting out the leaf you begin to mosey your way to the benched killer.