Chapter Twelve "Kiss with blood lipstick."

[Ej Pov]

Air began to fill with the faint fragrance outside the warped wooden door. Knowing well before that I had smelled her blood before, but now there was no tainted blood or other pesky dilemmas that could mask the scent.

I picked up on the alarming aroma while trying to clean up the mess in the broken break room downstairs. Perhaps any normal person wouldn't have even noticed the distortion in the air, but thanks to my practices I am able to make the coherent distinction in an instant.

I drop the pan of organ residue that was being washed in the sink while wiping my hands on my pants as I rush to clumsily climb up the stairs and sprint towards the room [Name] is occupying.

The door to the room was jammed and took a few shoves to get inside. I found her on the ground trying to find something that'll stop the little stream from her arm. As I rushed to her side to aid her in standing up, 'Thank you Jack' pushed past her lips with a couple of huffs as she pushed herself up on my assisting arm.

Smiling I helped her climb back into the yet another makeshift bed, although this one had a better quality. With my thoughts recollected, I could not help but wonder why she pulled the IV out.

She spoke before I could clear my throat, "I had no morphine left, if you're going to ask why." Nodding, then politely asking her apply pressure until I returned with proper bandages. Leaving the room, the scent was still carried strong in my nostrils, also glad she did not comment on my water and blood stained pants.

She was looking out the window when I entered the room with bandages, her right hand was tight wrapped around the left arm. No more blood spilled, only the dried pigment remained. Breathing out in a large sign, a small condensed cloud of fog appeared on the glass. A little curved line was placed with two dots above it, [Name] smiled to herself before it disappeared. Insightful of my presence she strolled over, holding out her arm, "Can you tell me what to day is?"

[Your Pov]

Jack was strangely on edge, as he bandaged your arm, the whole time you were taking notice of his jerky actions and heavy breathing. It seemed like he was panting, or trying to hold back. The blue masked boy tapped on your shoulder, kicking you out of internal thoughts, "Are you alright? You seem kinda detached lately." Shrugging, and answering "I'm fine, just hungry again. You never told me what is today, you know."

Guessing that Jackie rolled his eyes, he replied simply, "Today is today, and we're still alive." Punching his shoulder, "If you're not going to tell me that, at least can I have more food?" Jack nodded took your hand, leaning you from the room.

The break room was a ghastly sight, he did tell you that it was a mess, when the two of you climbed down the stairs. Blood stained the floor in large puddles, counter tops were a butchered mess, and the sink needed to be taken out.

Jack never noticed any of the new decorations, but his demeanor visibly changed once he come to the blood break room. No longer shaking and panting like a dog, he strides over to yet another foul smelling and red spotted fridge. A brown paper sack smashes into your face, quite surprising on your part. After picking it up from the floor and scuffing towards the nearby chair, you read what was scribbled in black marker. "Human food" how considerate.

Inside the crumbling was simplistic snack food, all boring and bland. Placing it on the floor you helped Jack clean this bloody horror show that ended not to long ago. Some parts of the carpeted area was squishy to your foot. Jack was bend on scrubbing dried blood from white counters, it was quite funny because the blood would dye the other part a light pink with that soaked paper towel he was using.

Trying to hold back the laughter inside of your throat, you walked over to him. Definitely frustrated, Jack pushed the mask up running gloved hands through his hair. He had gray skin, remembering you did see gray skin back at the mansion, but you thought it was the light. Not saying that he was not cute or anything, but it did surprise you in the slightest. Then his eyes, or lack there of and oozing black goo, made you tilted your head to the side.

Shrugging he turn to the counter once again, you on the other hand searched the cabinets and drawers, until finding a drawer full of fluffy towels. "Jack!". He turned mask still turn up on his hair, jutting from the eye holes. Dark brown spikes of short hair framed his face is a very attractive way. Blushing you shoved a tan towel into his chest. Surprised by the outburst, he turned to the counter smirking.

After turning the once white wood paint a light pink, you noticed that Jack had stopped working. Instead he leaned against the sink adjacent to you staring, like a creep with a plan. Ignoring him you munched on the "Human food" sitting on top of the counter space above the towel drawer. Jack began to inch closer and closer as the apple you chewed on decreased in size. Shifting a bit farther away from him, you took the last bite from the blood red apple.

Jack smiled a little, after returning the gesture he smiled with all of his teeth showing. Sharp enlarged canines were the only teeth he had, it was a sharks mouth. With the extra of flesh, at least that is what it looked like. By now, the two of you were nose to nose, the next thing that happened would top any bucket list. He was kissing you.