Chapter # 6

"Um.. Violet.. She is sleeping. Should I wake her up?" Mum said nervously, trying to change the context of the awkward topic.

"Oh no, Ma'am. Let her sleep. Besides I am here to meet you." he said politely, smiling sincerely as I noticed some flowers in the corner too.

"Where were these manners when we met for the first time? Or when he tried to kill my Mother?" I growled with a clenched jaw, cursing at him under my breath.

Shaking my head, getting myself some water and drinking it while listening to their words.

"What brings you here?" Mum asked kindly. I took a sip of water, drinking it calmly while listening to their conversation.

"I am here to decide the date of marriage."

Mentally prepared for anything except this. I choked on the water when I heard it with raging heartbeats.

Is he out of his mind?

"Shit." I began to cough, the jug of water was empty and they must have heard the sound by now. No use in hiding anymore.

I came out of the room to get some water, hoping to not get a scolding from Mum as they both looked at me.

"Are you alright Violet?" He asked, concerned. Giving me great repugnance by his tone.

"Why does it concern you?" I asked bitterly, rolling my eyes off him and walking.

"Your every matter concerns me, Violet." He replied softly and I hated how his tone was coming out worried yet it meant nothing to him.

"Stop lying. We both know what this charade is." I muttered under my breath, ignoring his presence.

Giving him the worst prayers, never in my life I hated someone this much. I ignored him and rolled my eyes from him as I went to the kitchen. Neglecting his very presence.

I drank a glass of water to calm myself a bit, resting my hand over my chest, inhaling deeply to regain my senses.

"Damned Billionaire." With a 'tch' sound, I could feel rage building inside me.

"Charade, isn't it?" His tone holding a glint of rage came.

"What else am I supposed to call it?" I retorted, not bothering to look back at him.

"It is only a reminder of your absolute power. Are you happy now?" I scoffed, fingers latched with the glass firmly, undeniably infuriated at him.

My lips were quivering but I could feel my heart aching.

"It could be more than you perceive only if you decide to think or believe." He said, coming closer.

By his approaching steps, I could feel my strength being deprived of my body. Stay away from me.

"Your words cannot change my perspective about you." I enunciated, inhaling deeply.

Pouring myself some more water as a source to gain strength and stand firm before him.

Exhaling deeply, I remained like this but then I heard his voice again, softer than before, "What happened?"

"Nothing..." I replied coldly as my heart began to beat fast in his presence. He sighed and walked towards me as he stood in front of me.

"I don't like silence as an answer. When I ask you something. You must answer." He growled, sending a shiver down my spine.

What does he think of me? His Slave?

I took a step back but he took another step close to me. I stumbled on the counter and gasped in fear when he stood in front of me and said in a low scowl.

"What happened, Violet?" His voice never fails to evoke dread in me.

I gulped as my heart began to beat so fast at the closeness. His voice is making me scared.

No! No! Don't be scared but I couldn't help it, his presence deluged me in frights.

"I said, nothing. Stop bothering me." I replied coldly again. And this angered him.

"Looks like my future wife needs to be taught a lesson "

He held my arms in a tight grip. My heart skipped a beat when he touched me. The word Future wife gave me inexplicable shudders.

"No way in hell! Don't you dare to force me to obey you, dammit." I spat at him.

Okay his anger is at its peak because of my rudeness but it's his fault, can't he stay away but somehow he controlled it and whispered.

"Now Violet, Don't force me to make you"

"Oh yeah, What can you do?" I know what I am doing is not a good thing.

"Oh wait," Chuckling dryly, I looked away for a moment before staring dead into his eyes unwaveringly.

"That's the only thing you can do, Raymond Smith." I hissed, infuriated at myself for being unable to protect myself from his imprisonment.

"You love forcing things, molding them to your desires." I sneered, glaring at him.

A glint of sorrow flashed in his eyes but I ignored it because he was not worth my kindness.

Before I knew it his hands held my waist in a firm grip as his other hand held my jaws. I stiffed by his action, He lean in and snarled,

"What were you doing, Violet?"

"I said nothing! Get the hell away from me." I remained stubborn, no matter what, I am not going to subjugate. I am not his slave.

"What the hell is your problem? Why are you stuck on one thing?" I hissed.

What is he? An inhumane robot? He cannot touch me without my consent.

"You cannot force answers out of me, you cannot own me. I don't belong to you." I growled, grabbing his collar, outraged.

But, both of our anger struck when he sent a death-glare in my direction.

He lean in as I yanked my head to my side but he held my jaws in a tight grip and forced me to look at him then he whispered in my ears,

"Okay... I shall show you what happens when you disobey me later."

My leg became insensible, scaring me to no extent, he never fails to give chills to my bone in a matter of heartbeat. His presence is crushing me and I hate this fact.

When I was about to yell he let go of me and then suddenly said in a concerned tone.

"Violet, please calm down. I am just worried about you. You don't have to yell. I am sorry that I asked." Huh?

"Violet..."My mother joined the conversation.

That Devil. How dare he. How could he? Faking decency in front of Mum. I gritted my teeth in pure anger as my mum asked,

"What happened, Dear?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at me then back to him.

She knows when I speak, I don't think but it's not my fault this time. He was stuck on one thing.

"Nothing, Mum...I just choked on some water and the water in my room was finished." I explained to her, because I know she must be angry because I came down when she told me not to.

"I see... Go to your room and take some rest." My mum said as I left, glaring at him. As I was about to leave but then I heard his voice.

"Violet." He called. My heart skipped a beat to hear my name on his lips. Glancing over my shoulder, I glared back.

But he smirked, folding his arm, enunciating menacingly my chaos.

"Our Marriage is in three weeks from wow."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him with widened and dreadful eyes, looking at me with a victorious smirk. I lost my strength when he said it. It can't be real.

"No....." I mumbled to myself as a tear pricked in my eye and ran to my room, unable to bear it anymore as my heart cracked into woe terribly.

No.. No.. No...

Why me?