Chapter # 7

Raymond POV:-

After giving the beautiful news to Violet, to which she ran away upon hearing. I wanted to snicker badly, to laugh at her vulnerability but I barely held it in.

How she ran away after realizing her life is bound with me eternally, that she cannot escape me. It delighted me.

"I apologize, did I say something wrong?" I asked politely, turning to Mrs Cadhill.

"No.. Um.. She was just not mentally prepared to hear it." She shook her head, saddened for her daughter.

"I am sorry, should I apologize to her as well?" I asked gallantly, cursing myself for the fake affection.

"No, No. It's okay. Leave her be." She hummed.

I nodded and left saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am."

She smiled faintly and nodded.

I was about to leave but then I remembered and turned to her again, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you one thing."

"What is it?" Mrs Cadhill asked.

"Well... There is going to be a press conference the day after tomorrow, can Violet join it?" I asked politely.

Wanting to gain a chance to be alone with her so I could teach her how to obey me in private, ensure she listens.

"I am sorry, but she doesn't like these things. I don't think she can do it." She declined properly, probably not wanting her to be alone with me. Damn.

"I understand. Then tell her to watch it. She needs to know to answer which question and when." I explained, trying to maintain my smile and not lose patience.

"I see. I'll tell her." She nodded.

"Okay... Good Day, Ma'am."

I left knowing Violet must be fuming with anger by now but it's the longest her mother can make me go, I gave her the time of the limit of my patience.

I cannot wait longer than three weeks. I don't fancy waiting for possession that belongs to me in the first place. Heck why would?

At night, when I returned home.

I was alone in my room, holding my glass of whiskey with one hand in my pocket, still in my white shirt whose buttons were open with roughly rolled sleeves.

A menacing smirk reached my lips when I thought about Violet's terror when she walked away, her face flashing before my eyes gave me immense satisfaction as I snickered.

Before I knew it, that sound converted into a malicious laugh echoing in the dark room. I was laughing at her powerlessness, at my supremacy.

That no one can defeat me, indicating, I am into the depths of corruption but who cares?

'She will be imprisoned in my domain either way.'

2 Day Later

I was sitting in the conference hall being held in my own house. I need to think of the answers that satisfy both my sister and the media.

The conference starts and people start asking useless questions. What is the point of it?

It cannot change what is going to happen and even if I knew.. What can they do to stop me?

"When do you meet?"

"Almost 3 years ago" Lying in a swift manner is a trait of mine.

"How do you meet?"

"I went to buy some sweets for my sister, there I saw her." Now that's the truth.

"When did you realize your feelings?"

"It was a love at first sight." Speaking of it, brought the moment I first saw her. She should feel privileged to be desired by me.

"When you confessed to her?"

"1 year after meeting her." More like one month.

"What do you like the most about her?"

"The way she talks" How disrespectful and even if it is undesirable, it is still desirable. I would love to tame her.

"Why isn't she here?"

"She doesn't like press conferences, she's pretty shy. She doesn't want to share her personal information"

Although I barely doubt she is like this and would probably be furious after hearing the interview, I had to prepare for her outburst and 'try' not to get angry.

After a while, and a flood of questions, it ended thankfully and I mentally prepared for a certain someone's outrage upon me for 'hiding' this from her.

And just as I anticipated, she called and I prepared my ears for her response which I could through the ringtone.

"Okay, let's do this.

Taking a deep breath, I attended her call. "Hell-." Inhaling, I picked the call only to be greeted by a scream which could steal my hearing ability.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" Celine yelled furiously, almost making me deaf.

'How many times do I have to tell her loudness cannot compensate for the silence inside you but no she will use it'

"She doesn't want to. She wanted to keep it a secret and I respected her wish so stop nagging me." I lied again, inhaled deeply, pinching the bridge of my nose..

"Oh! I see.... BY THE WAY I AM COMING TO SEE MY SISTER IN LAW!" She yelled again and I don't want her to meet Violet yet.

"Stop yelling! I can hear you just fine.You don't have to raise your voice over every little thing, calm down." I said, agitated.

How can she be so cheery and loud all the time? I couldn't understand what she was saying most of the time.

"Oh sorry I just got so excited, hehehe. Oh my God, You are getting married. Yay!" She giggled, delighted for me, happy for me.

"I am glad you found someone worth it and not that bitch Vanessa-" She tried to mention the last person I wanted to hear about which yet made my heart clench.

"Celine, Enough." Hearing her name hurt me more than I could comprehend.

"Don't you dare to mention V ever again." I hissed with a clenched jaw, enraged to think about it.

"Sorry, I won't. I am happy that It's not her." She scoffed and changed her mood instantly to a delighted one.

"I still can't believe it. I can't wait for the day when you will be settled, when you will be loved."

She is so enthusiastic but something non-existent.

About the part of the painful reality which doesn't exist and probably never will but what can I say? I have to bear with her demeanor.

"Okay then, forget everything. When are you coming?" I asked, sighing deeply, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Maybe tomorrow..." She giggled, rambling again about Viole.

Immersing into her own fantasies which I am sadly going to break as they are not possible and I doubt will ever be.

"I see.."

"OKAY! SEE YOU!" She yelled.

I shut my eyes, not having time to cover my ears by her screech, "Gosh, Girl."

I breathed out, putting the phone away from my ears, shaking my head.

"Oops, Sorry." She giggled again, shaking my head in disappointment.

I said calmly, "See You." I cut the call.