Chapter 10__Fifty Shades of Grayson

The next morning, Katherine was walking down the hall, tucking her hair into a baseball hat. 

Damon walked into the house, disheveled and blood dripping down his neck.

I walked closer to him. "What the hell happened to you?" 

"Ditto," Damon told me. "Elena's not here by any chance, is she?" 

"I haven't seen her," I told him.

"Stef, you awake?" Damon called.

"You know, he hasn't seen her either," Katherine told him. "I know because we were together all night." 

I groaned, looking down.

Damon looked just as disgusted as I felt. "Look. I've had a really crappy couple days, okay? If you're implying what I think you're implying--"

"Why?" Katherine asked. "What were you thinking? That our hot, naked bodies collided in one unforgettable night of passion?" 

"I'm gonna barf," I told them.

"Great," Katherine told me. "Then my work here is done. Toodle." 

Katherine walked out of the house, closing the door behind her.

Damon and I exchanged a look, shuddering. "Ugh."

~~~~~

Damon and I walked up to Stefan's room.

Stefan was putting some clothes away.

I leaned against the doorway.

Damon walked into the room.

"All right, you said that you would explain when you went to talk to Stefan," I told him. "So, where the hell you been?"

"Aw, you know, being held against my will, shot in the head, now I can't find Elena," Damon told me. He looked at Stefan. "How was your evening? Anything out of the ordinary happen?" 

"Wait a minute," Stefan told him. "What do you mean, you can't find Elena?" 

"I mean, she's not picking up her phone, she's not in her dorm, she's nowhere in this house, which leads me to believe that Dr. Creepy Ken Doll has her somewhere," Damon told us.

"Are you talking about the Whitmore bio teacher?" I asked. 

"Yeah, the one that operated on vampires during business hours, yeah, that one," Damon told me. He looked at Stefan. "Put your hero hair on, Stefan. Let's go get Elena." 

"You just said you don't know where she is," I told him. 

Damon turned to face me. "I don't, which means we're gonna have to find us some leverage." He looked at Stefan. "So come on." 

"I'm guessing that it could be too dangerous for me to go, right?" I asked mockingly.

"Maybe," Damon told me. "Or maybe I just don't want you to go 'cause we might have to go out on whim and do something that I don't want you to judge me for." 

"What could I judge you for that's any worse than you've done to me?" I asked.

"Nikki," Stefan told me.

I sighed. "Fine. I'll stay here." 

"Good," Damon told me. "Thank you." 

Stefan and Damon walked past me, leaving.

~~~~~

Matt had brought Katherine and Nadia here.