Chapter 9

Izuku's POV~

I was still smiling at my phone, happy that he'd texted me so I could have his number, when I let out a big yawn. He looked at me in shock. "How are you still tired? You were asleep for like twelve hours." He said.

I shrugged. I liked sleep, what was he expecting? "I just yawned. It's not like I'm planning on falling asleep right here and now." I said back.

"You better not, this is my bed." He said, motioning to the bed we were both sitting on.

I smiled an innocent smile while laying down at the foot of his bed. "Oh, is it?" I asked teasingly.

He looked at me in slight confusion. "Yeah?" He said, but it seemed like more of a question than an answer.

"So what would you do if I did fall asleep?" I asked, yawning again, but this time I did on purpose.

He seemed to have caught on to what I was doing now. "Hell no. You are not falling asleep on my bed." He growled.

"Whoa, you sound kind of like Kacchan when you do that." I pointed out while laughing.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Don't compare me to him." He said back,not growling this time, but you could tell that my statement really ticked him off.

I sat back up. "Why are you so offended at being compared to Kacchan?" I asked him in confusion.

"He plays into all of the stereotypes of Demon Halves. He's the literal reason people hate us. I can't stand it when Demon Halves act more Demon than Human." He said. I could see the hatred in his eyes, but I knew it wasn't directed at me, and I was pretty sure it was directed at Kacchan either. It was something else entirely.

"I guess that is a valid reason, but I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's come a long way and he's genuinely trying to get better. Someone who was more Demon than Human wouldn't do that." I said to him in a soft tone. I knew this was a delicate situation and I really didn't want to piss him off.

Sho didn't say anything else, so I assumed we had dropped the subject. The atmosphere was pretty awkward after that, so I decided to say something that would only make it worse. I didn't think there was a whole lot for me to lose at that moment.

"You said earlier that you've met your dad before." I started, not really sure how to go about asking this question.

I didn't really have to ask, he seemed to know where I was going with it as he snapped his head up to glare at me. "So what if I have? Halves meet their other parents all the time." He said.

He may have just said 'Halves' but we both knew he was talking about Demon Halves. It's incredibly rare for Angel Halves to meet their Angel parent before getting to Heaven. They're usually to busy with the after life, the living world, or knocking up some other poor human. Demon's tend to seek out their children once they start to mature and figure out how to control their quirks. They only want one thing though, for their children to abandon their humanity and join them in Hell.

Parents of the year, right? Imagine how fucked up all their kids are.

"Sho, that's not what I meant and you know it." I said back, knowing that he was offended by my implications.

"Look, I'm not going to abandon my humanity anytime soon, so don't worry about it. You'll still have another fucking DA once we graduate." He spit out before going back to his phone and proceeding to ignore the problem.

"I wasn't worried about that. I know you well enough now to know you're pretty attached to your humanity and I wasn't worried for even a second that you would throw everything away to spend the rest of eternity in Hell torturing people." I snapped, causing him to look up at me in slight shock, like he wasn't expecting me to not think he was on his way to becoming a full fledged Demon. "I just know that Demon's aren't the most pleasant to have over for a cup of freaking tea, and- and I was worried about you, okay?" I said, getting a little heated. I was just upset that he thought I was a shallow Angel Halve that thought Demon Halves were below me because I'm more 'holy' or something dumb like that.

He was staring at me with widened eyes. He didn't say a word for a few minutes, until he snapped out of it and said, "I'm fine." really convincing like. I glared at him again, not buying it. He caught on and sighed. "Look, I haven't seen the bastard since I was like ten. Once he realized he couldn't break me, he left and I haven't seen or heard from him since. Hopefully he's in Hell where he fucking belongs."

I was even more worried now. "Break you?" I asked him hesitantly. He looked away from me, turning his head to the side so I couldn't see his scar. I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not.

"I'm not the only Demon Halve my parents had." He said quietly. I actually gasped at that. He was supposed to be.

A single Demon or Angel having multiple kids with the same Human isn't unheard of, rare, but it happens. The problem was, his siblings weren't on record, which means they gave into one of their Halves, which is very very not okay.

"My bastard of a father some how convinced my mother that he was in love with her or some crap like that, I never really asked. She eventually fell in love with him. They had their first kid, my oldest brother, then my other brother, my older sister, then me. He was terrible to all of us and was continuously training us and pushing us to be more and more like him. Like a Demon. Touya, the oldest, was the first to crack. He had to deal with it the longest so it makes sense. He gave in to his Demon Halve and disappeared, my best guess it to Hell. My other brother and my sister were next, a few years later. They didn't give into the Demon side, but rather the Human side. They ran away and I didn't hear from them for a few years. My mother was left with just me and my father. I'm an exact fifty-fifty mix of them both, my left side matching my father and my right my mother. She was slowly going crazy living in that house, and I guess one day she snapped. She poured boiling water on my left side and called it unbearable. She was sent away and I was left with just my father. Once he realized he couldn't get me to give to one side over the other, no matter the amount of abuse he put me through, he left me. I was by myself for a few weeks before Fuyumi and Natsuo came back after hearing about mom. They've been living secretly as Humans and taking care of me and our mom ever since."

I didn't know how to respond to his story. I couldn't even imagine what he had to go through to get where he is now. I can't believe he didn't give in to one side. We were both left in silence as I tried to figure out what to say. Eventually I did the only thing I could think of.

I hugged him.

As soon as it registered what I had done, I was going to pull away. I was going to, but something stopped me.

He was hugging me back.