Chapter 11

Izuku's POV~

I let out a soft sigh as we continued to drive. We had only been in the car for about an hour, and I was already bored out of my mind. I had slept so much in the past twenty four hours, that it wasn't even an option anymore.

"Want to play another game?" I asked Sho. It was the first time either of us had spoken since the initial conversation an hour ago.

"Not particularly." He responded.

"To bad. We have at least another six hours and I can't sleep anymore." I said back. I say him roll his eyes, but he didn't disagree again. "Twenty one questions work?" I asked him.

"Whatever."

"First question. Do you even have your license?" I asked him. Seeing as he was the one driving, I wanted to make sure he was qualified for the job.

"No." He said.

I gaped at him. "Then why are you driving?!"

"Nope, it's my turn." He said, avoiding my perfectly justifiable question. "Why are  you so tired all the time?" He asked.

I shrugged in response. "I don't know, I guess I don't sleep the best at night." I said honestly. It wasn't a big deal or that strange of a thing, so I didn't mind telling him.

"Why are you driving?"

"Because there's no way in hell I'd let you drive us around America." He said. I gasped at his response, but I guess I couldn't blame him. Even I trust his driving skills more than my own.

"Why don't you stand up to Bakugou? I know earlier you said it was because he was trying to change or some bullshit like that, but even then, why not tell him to leave you alone?" He asked, throwing a quick glance at me, before turning his eyes back to the road.

"I don't know. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, so it's not a bid deal I guess. There's no point in freaking out over it and making it this huge thing it never was in the first place. Besides, I'd rather have him take his anger out on me than someone else that doesn't deserve it." I explained to him. I didn't really expect him to understand my reasoning, I mean I didn't even really get it.

"Are you saying that you deserve it?" He asked me. I noticed the subtle whitening of his knuckles as his grip on the wheel tightened.

"It's my turn." I said, dodging the question. "Why do you hate me?" I asked him. It was a completely reasonable question. He had been pretty rude and mean to me this whole trip. I just wanted to know what I did to him.

He whipped his head to look at me for a second, then turned back to watch the road. "You think I hate you? You're still wearing my hoodie. You fell asleep on me and I let you stay there, even after we got a call to leave. I've let you talk me into playing a game with you, twice. I let you give me a nickname. I told you my tragic backstory, willingly. Does it sound like I hate you?" He asked me.

I stared at him in shock. I guess I hadn't thought of any of it like that. Most of it I thought he just did because he didn't want to back out of a dare. I didn't even stop to think that he wouldn't care about something as trivial as a dare. He did all that stuff because he wanted to.

"Let me ask you again. Do you think you deserve all the shit Bakugou puts you through?" He said, breaking my train of thought.

I was really hoping he wouldn't ask that question. I didn't want to answer it, not that I needed to. From how I deflected it earlier, he had to have know the answer, he only asked because he wanted to hear me admit it.

"You already know the answer to that question." I mumbled again, looking out the window at the trees we past.

"Why?" He asked softly. I was expecting that. I figured he'd agree with me, or make fun of me, or something. I didn't think he'd want to know why.

I wanted to just ignore him and ask another question, but the way he asked made me stop. "I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm kind of a terrible Angel." I said instead. "I always have been and I always will. Normal people would kill to be what I am, and yet I chose to be bitter about it. I should be more grateful, but I just don't have it in me. What I'm trying to say, is that I deserve what he says and does, because I have one job in life, and I'm failing at it. I deserve to be hated and mocked."

There was silence after my confession. Technically, it was now my turn and I should ask a question, but I didn't feel like playing anymore. I just wanted to take another freaking nap and pretend that my life didn't suck. But apparently Todoroki had a different idea.

He pulled the car over on the nearly deserted road. He unbuckled his seat belt and then mine and abruptly pulled me onto his lap, like how I was earlier when I fell asleep. "Whoa, what-" He didn't let me keep talking when he cut me off.

"You are not a terrible Angel and you sure as hell don't deserve any of the shit he puts you through. You do not have one job in life. You're an Angel Halve. You have so many fucking things you need to do, and you're doing fucking fantastic, better than anyone else your age. God is damn luck that he got one as amazing as you. No one is perfect, even full fledged Angels, so don't pull that bullshit with me. And I swear to God himself, if you ever say any of that shit about yourself again, Bakugou will be the least of your worries. Do you understand me?"

Holy. Fuck. What the hell just happened?