Chapter 12

Izuku's POV~

After Sho scolded me, all I did was feebly nod in understanding. I wasn't exactly sure on how to handle the situation. This guys just basically said he'd beat me up if I talked bad about myself. A bit backward logic if you ask me, but I guess his heart was in the right place.

He even pulled me into his lap! Who just does that? Not that I could really complain. I had a tiny crush on him, sue me. If you were on some weird 'save the world even though you're both still teenagers and this is a ridiculous amount of responsibility the adults are putting on you' trip with a fairly attractive Demon Halve, you'd develop a crush to. It was just a petty little high school crush, it didn't mean anything.

But still, the way he acted was just... strange.

Sure we had been going to school together for a while now, but we hadn't even talked before a few days ago. He didn't talk to anyone until a few days ago. He's honestly way more talkative than I thought he was going to be, and he barely even talks, so that's saying something. I just didn't know what brought about this sudden change of heart. What could I have possibly done to break away at this boy's walls?

We spent the next few hours not talking much, just listening to the radio. After the last few questions of the game, the atmosphere got a bit to awkward to keep up chit chat. Thankfully it was comfortable enough for me to be able to flip through radio channels, or else I might have just tucked and rolled out of the moving vehicle.

Eventually the silence between us became to much for me to handle. I let out a ridiculously loud sigh, not even on purpose, and turned to Sho. "How much longer until we get there?" I asked him. It was a bit whiny, and I instantly regretted my tone. He had to be getting annoyed with me by now.

He took one glance at the GPS, "About an hour."

"Oh, okay." I said, turning back to look out the window. So much for that ice breaker.

"Once we get there we have to check into our hotel, then we have to look into the disturbance." He said, actually being the one to carry on the conversation.

"Sounds like a plan. What was the disturbance anyway? You never filled me in." I asked. If I was expected to investigate something, I thought I should know what I'm going to investigate.

"Nothing major. Just a few rogues causing minor problems, mainly just screwing with the humans. Stuff like showing off their horns and halos and accepting bribes into Heaven." He said with a lazy eye roll.

"I can't believe people actually fall for that." I said, just as annoyed as Sho. I mean they resemble a Demon people, obviously they aren't going to be able to get you into Heaven, not even the Angel Halves can do that. None of us can, it's kind of your guys jobs to do that.

"Well if you were a scared mortal human, that had done some pretty fucked up shit, and definitely have your name on the naughty list, you'd be scrambling for the easiest way out to." He explained.

"Or, they could just confess and do the weird repent thing, and then boom, a get out of jail free card." I said. I may or may have not made a sound effect somewhere in there, causing Sho to send me an amused look.

"Some times humans are just really stupid. Some times they just need a push in the right direction. If that push has to be down a flight of stairs, then so be it." He said with a smirk and causal shrug.

I gasped at him childishly. "Sho! That wasn't very, you know, 'savior of the world' of you to say!" I said back, nearly laughing to hard to actually get it out.

"Yeah yeah, I don't think I'm going to be a savior anytime soon, so it doesn't really matter."

I tilted my head in confusion at his statement. "Um, what exactly do you think we're here to do?" I asked him, worried he maybe hit his head and was suffering from amnesia.

"We're here to do the dirty work that the AA's and DA's can't be bothered with. It's not saving the world, it's taking out UA trash." He bit back, pretty bitterly if you ask me.

I was shocked at his sudden change in tone. I wasn't even aware that he was so against this mission. If anything I thought he was at least a little happy about it. If nothing else, it proved that he was beating Kacchan, which had to make the boy's ego grow twice as big. Those two hate each other with a fiery passion that I'll never understand.

"Whoa, where did that come from?" I asked him with concern clear in my voice.

I heard him let out a soft sigh before responding to me. "I'm sorry- It's just... How many of the rogues do you think are Demon Halves? My guess is well over the majority. I just hate that going rogue is what most of the Demon Halves feel like is their only choice." He said softly, shocking me even more.

I grabbed the hand that he had resting on the center council. "I know, it's stupid- the clichés surround you guys- I wish it was different." I said softly to him. He was staring intently at the road, my guess is that he was using driving as an excuse to not make eye contact.

Todoroki's POV~

I was totally using driving as an excuse to not make eye contact. I don't like talking about feelings, let alone looking someone in the eyes while doing it.

Izuku's POV~

"If I'm being honestly, I wish no one had to deal with any of this. Angel or Demon." I added. I'll admit that life sucked way more for Demon Halves, but that didn't mean that Angel Halves just have a free ride.

I was about to pull my hand away, when he tightened his grip and kept both of our hands in place.

"I know." He said softly.