Chapter One

Pic is of Mathayus Roland Castallanta

I rubbed a hand down my face, exhausted, while glaring at the project that lay completed on my laptop. Today had turned out to be a particularly tiring day at work, especially because my youngest and most inexperienced manager had messed up the report for a crucial deal I was to seal in the next two days in Prague, and had deleted about half of the project. I had almost fired that brainless boy had it not been for the calming and pacifying of my oldest and most experienced manager, though that aged lady was too sweet for her own good. That brainless boy did not deserve her help at all, because I knew very well that he wasn't exactly straight and would simply keep staring at my ass throughout the entire functioning frame of the office, which was why I had taken matters into my own hands after terminating that idiot from services for a solid week. The sight of other men would perhaps do him some good. 

I snapped out of my reverie when my phone dinged, and I lifted it to see that I had received a message from the nannies. My daughter's nannies. A giddy smile found its way onto my face as my mind drifted back to my baby girl waiting for me at home; her dimpled smile being the one and the only sight in the whole universe that could successfully peel off any amount of weariness I would be feeling. Natalia

was the most precious gift I had ever received, which was why she was only mine to cherish

was the most precious gift I had ever received, which was why she was only mine to cherish. Mine to love. My sister would often tease me about how much of a pushover I would be when my princess would strike her growing years of adolescence, but I didn't care. I was prepared to be as much of a pushover if I could protect my little princess from the wickedness that was this world. I had been rendered speechless on the fateful night that I had found her, her exquisite face resting on a pillow in her crib, innocent and helpless. So innocent and helpless I could almost hear her calling out to her daddy for love and for protection. Hence, I gave her all the love and all the protection I could gather, which was quite a lot indeed. But one could not blame me. Natalia was the only source of happiness I had ever touched in all of the bleak and depressing thirty years that I had been alive. She was now the only source of whatever little sanity I held on to. I had been deeply concerned about whether she too had inherited some ghastly disease from her infectious slut of a mother, but the doctor had also run some blood tests along with the DNA tests and both bore good results. My little princess was absolutely alright. I was going to keep her hidden away from every dark and dismal substance to have ever existed, including the other side of my business. The other side of the world of law violation. The more intense side of the world of law violation. She did not need to know of any of that shit for as long as possible. 

I unlocked my phone and my smile only grew, which was rather strange for me since I never smiled. Then again, I had been doing strange things for the past four months that I had spent with my little princess. I would not have been so conveniently pacified by Mrs. Jenkins, my oldest and my most experienced manager, had she not been the one who had mainly guided me through the tussle of being a new parent, a single parent, along with some assistance from my sister of course. The nannies, some of the best I had hired, had sent me a picture of Natalia wearing her newest bunny onesie with the two white ears hovering above her head from the white hood that was attached to the onesie. My heart melted, and I instantly knew I had to go home. Office hours had anyway passed by a long time ago, and I was the only one who had stayed in to wrap up with the material for the deal. But now I too had to return to my precious baby.