Chapter Ten

Seven Years Later

Pic is of Natalia (age 10)

Natalia's POV

I wiped a bead of sweat off my forehead and smiled. Perfect. Now the massive cobbled floor around the pool looked absolutely perfect with the various walks of nature that I had painted on it. At least half of it. The other half was still left, but I didn't mind working hard. Painting was not just a hobby for me. It was a passion, which was why I had asked Daddy last year if I could decorate the house "a bit". He knew what I meant by "a bit" but he gave me permission anyway and ever since then, I started using all my free time to paint. The walls in my room were caked with a bunch of lovely fairies and mermaids and wolves. I didn't know why I painted wolves, but I did find them to be majestic animals. Then I covered up the walls of Twitter's room with numerous doggy bones and toys in water colour, while my parents' room I filled up with several small origami houses dangling from the ceiling. Mommy had wanted them, saying they represented our small yet perfect family, and that the painting required was only one. It took me a while of practicing on paper to get a hang of portraits, but I finally managed to create a painting of our family on the biggest wall in that room. Inspired by a family photo taken in Disney World all those years ago. Then, once I was done with the occupied rooms in the house, I decided to move ahead to the rest. Most of the guest bedrooms were done, and currently half of the cobbled floor surrounding the house was finished too.

"Natalia!" 

Both Twitter and I looked up on hearing the voice of our mother, smiling as she walked out through the front door and towards us. She was looking extremely beautiful as usual, in a long green maxi dress

 She was looking extremely beautiful as usual, in a long green maxi dress

 that she had chosen to wear today. I could only hope to grow as pretty as her one day. "What are my two sweethearts doing right now, hmm?" She smiled as she stepped over to us, carefully avoiding the floor painting that hadn't dried yet. "How much of the floor have you already done, dear?" She raised a brow at me and I dumped my brush into its bucket, leaning back in satisfaction. "Half. Only one half left now." Mom nodded, before informing that a special guest would be joining us for lunch today. "Ooh." I felt excited to have guests. It would be so cool if Mom said that Auntie Sienna and Uncle Phillip along with their kids were visiting, because Aurora and I fully adored our cosplay games for hours. Or JJ and Auntie Jas had decided to drop by along with their newborn son. I agreed that Dennis was a little too young to play with, but at least he was cute to babysit. Other than that, JJ and Auntie Jas always brought gifts for me when they showed up. "Who is it?" I asked as I started to wrap up my huge painting kit. Daddy had spared no expense when I asked for one, though I had no idea why. I would barely ever ask him for things, but he would just keep giving me loads of toys and clothes and books that I didn't even need. I shook my head, smiling softly, as I closed the box and looked up at Mom who had been silent this whole time. "Mom?" I asked again. "Who is it?" She sighed and smiled at me, sympathy visible in her eyes.