𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡; 𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗒

||꒰𝒃𝒓𝒚𝒄𝒆꒱||

||꒰𝒃𝒓𝒚𝒄𝒆꒱||

I flicked through my closet, searching for a shirt that would make me look good. Before, I cared about Juli not knowing that I wanted to look nice for her. But now? I don't really mind. She certainly realizes I like her, I'm sure.

Finally, I decided on a maroon button-up shirt and my newest pair of jeans. Paired with a white set of Chuck Taylors, I felt ready for the day. Downstairs, my sister was just as impressed.

"Well, well, well, someone's looking quite... nicely dressed, " Lynetta commented suggestively.

My mother seemed to agree. "Aw, Lyn, you're right. Bryce does look quite dashing in his new pants."

I rolled my eyes and glared at my sister. I think that she's really related to Shelly Stalls, but was adopted, or something. "Mom, it's just a pair of jeans!"

"Yes, but you just look so handsome! Oh, my little boy, growing up so fast. You're bound to get a girlfriend sometime, aren't you?" she asked.

Yep, that's right, she knew nothing of the girlfriend I already had. Which I'm glad about because I just wanted to forget Shelly altogether. Awfully hard with science class, though.

As I was going to respond, Lynetta piped up yet again. "I'll bet it's going to be Juli Baker!"

"Aww. She's a sweet girl. Don't listen to what your father says about her," my mom added. "You're blushing!"

"Am not!" I cried while stuffing a slice of bacon into my mouth. I ate it quickly. "I'm leaving for school!"

"So early?"

"Yeah, I'm riding my bike."

"With your girlfriend," Lynetta taunted.

Would she ever shut up? "Nope, just with my friend!"

My mother shook her head. "Love you, sweetie."

"Love you too," I mumbled as I rushed out the door. Juli wasn't out yet, as I was early, so I went to knock on her door.

Nervous, I contemplated turning around and waiting for her. What if she didn't answer? Oh well. Without really thinking, I rapped my knuckles against the white wooden door.

My body was filled with anxiety when Mr. Baker answered the door. Did he like me? If, hypothetically, I was to date his daughter, would he approve?

I swallowed thickly as he began to speak. "Well good morning, Bryce. Can I help you?"

Mustering every ounce of courage in me I tried to sound grown-up. "Hello, sir," I said as calmly as I could. "I was wondering if Juli was almost ready? Yesterday, we, um, we planned to ride bikes to school together again today."