𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡; 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗋𝗋𝖾𝗅

||꒰𝒃𝒓𝒚𝒄𝒆꒱||

||꒰𝒃𝒓𝒚𝒄𝒆꒱||

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, awoken by the rays of golden sunlight pouring through my window. I heard voices outside my door, and so I went to investigate.

"I'm going to her house and you can't stop me! I don't want to stay here anyways," Lynetta shouted angrily at my parents.

"Young lady, you listen to me right now! You will do as you are told and right now that is to stay exactly where you are," my father spat, even more anguished than my sister.

I saw my mother move to grab his arm when he pushed her out of the way. "Both of you, stop yelling," she attempted, futilely.

As Lynetta stormed out the front door I disappeared to find my Grandad. Soon I saw him, sitting in his usual spot, eyes fixed on the window.

"Hey Grandad, I took your advice with Juli," I said nervously. A grin grew on his face.

"And?"

"And it went... really well, actually! But that's not exactly why I wanted to talk to you," I continued. Oh buddy, if only he knew how well it went with Juli.

He nods. "I know. If you're here to talk about your parents, I apologize in advance."

Apologize? Why? "What are you apologizing for?"

"I have to leave for a while to go to a friend's funeral. And I feel as though you probably shouldn't be here by yourself with your father."

"Wait, have he and mom been fighting like this more?" I must not have noticed. How could I not have noticed? They're my parents!

Grandad looked anxious. "Yes.. they have been, and I'm sorry son, but I don't know if it's going to get better any time soon. There's something brewing below the surface of your father's facade, and I'm not sure how wonderful it is."

I wanted to cry. "Are you sure? Like absolutely certain? I thought they loved each other!"

"So did I," he said solemnly. "And I wouldn't normally tell you this, but you're becoming a young man. Sometimes love just doesn't last forever. Sometimes people drift apart, and there isn't anything we can do about it."

Was it possible that it would happen to Juli and me? That she would stop liking me and break up with me and end things forever? She wouldn't. Would she? I decided, then, that I would always care for her. I couldn't lose her too, not when she's irreplaceable. "Does it happen to everyone?"

"No. Your grandmother Renèe and I met in high school. At first, she did nothing but annoy me."

"But you guys got married?" I asked, confused. Where was he going with this?