Chapter 2.5

Hey guys! So, this chapter won't follow the manga, and is just a really short flashback/thought that Akito had before he got into Mori Mori Academy. I don't know if if qualifies as sad or not, but rain is always sad. Thanks for reading!

(You can skip it if you want to)

Chapter 2.5

   You know, I've always disliked happy, energetic people. I'm not sure why. Maybe It's because I'm jealous? Well, anyway, that kind of person is weird. I don't know why. Every time a person has a personality like that, I can't help but doubt them. I just start to wonder if it's fake or not.

   ...Yeah, I'm just jealous. People that are naturally like that, I envy them. Emotional, expressive, friendly. Not at all like the me with fake smiles.

   My friends always said that I was weird, but I think I'm pretty normal. It's just that I have good grades and go to a lot of lessons. I'm not naturally talented, so I at least have to do this much. It's normal. If I don't do this much, I'll just be a useless disappointment of a person. Wouldn't want that to happen.

   Maybe I'm already a disappointment? I don't really know. I don't really know anything.

   Heh...probably. Well, I already figured that much. That's why I have to take lessons. I can't naturally do it. Unlike them, who can do it on the first try.

   They would probably be called geniuses, I think. Oh, by "them" I mean my brothers.

   My brothers could do anything. I think. Actually, they can't, but they're better than me. Way better.

   If I went to the same school they did before, the teacher's expectations would be really high. The Ryusei family always has geniuses. Well, I'm so different that I might be adopted. But, I know that isn't true. I just take after my mother more. That's enough about my family.

   Ryusei Akito. The child from a well off family, what's there to complain about? ...That's right, I shouldn't be so selfish, I shouldn't complain. Other people have it worse. I shouldn't be like this.

   What am I even doing with my life? I'm just wasting away here, watching anime, reading manga and fanfiction. If I died now, would anything change in this world? Well, I already know the answer. It wouldn't, of course. It would be weird to think I could do anything. I really can't.

   Haha, how did this get so depressing? I should change the mood, I'll introduce myself again. My name is Ryusei Akito. I like anime, manga, and sweets. I really don't like sports or doing work. As for fears, dogs, probably. My neighbour has a really scary dog. ...Well, I guess the mood is better now.

   Wow, aren't my thoughts pretty sad for a middle schooler? Although I'll be a high schooler soon. I think I've had these kind of thoughts since I was 9, though. If you're curious about what happened, I'll tell you. Don't expect anything edgy, though. It's just a childish thing.

   When I was 9, I knew these two boys. They were childhood friends. I knew since I've seen them together even when I was 6. Well, when I was 8, I made friends with one of them, since he was in my class. A year passed, and the two of them were in my class. I don't really remember, but they got into a fight. I was both of their friends, so I had to take both of their sides. It wasn't that bad.

   All I did was text them about what the other did, which made it worse, being a therapist. What they said about each other, it... I was on a call with them once, and one of them asked why I wasn't saying anything. I was crying. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I really hope they didn't hear.

   Well, I'm still on friendly terms with both of them. I guess that's supposed to be my edgy backstory. Not very edgy, it was as plain as my personality. Hmm, maybe I was naturally like that. So, that's how I realized that I couldn't do anything, even if I tried. I don't really know how I got to that conclusion, though.

   "Ah, I'll be transferring soon. Mori Mori Academy, huh..."

   All I have to do, is just smile. No one will know a thing. No one ever knows a thing.

~End of chapter 2.5~

   So, there's that! I guess you guys know some more about Akito then! Hope you enjoyed, and goodbye!