Chapter 35

(Phoebe's Pov)

Winter Break is still in full swing. Nathan and I are going shopping today. Well I am shopping, Nathan is giving opinions. New Years Eve is tomorrow and I am so excited. We are staying at my house for the annual Grey's Eve Bash. Our house is already chaotic because of all the people bringing things in.

There is basically everything you can imagine at this party. Chocolate fountain, dance floor, fireworks, and more. It is the best party we throw all year. I think my biggest disappointment was when I was 4 and I couldn't go to the party because I was sick.

I am sitting downstairs waiting for Nathan to pick me up. Dad walks in and sits down next to me. "Hey bubs what are you doing?" He asks looking at me, probably because I am dressed, out of bed, and ready to go before 12.

"Nathan and I are going shopping for the New Years Eve party tomorrow," I say. He looks over and raises his eyebrows and I know why. "I asked Mom last night and she said I could."
"Did she?" He asks and I smile nodding. He leans over and kisses my head. "Fine you can go but Sawyer stays close" I nod and agree. We get to talking about the party and his phone starts to ring. I frown in disappointment.

Dad's winter break ended two days ago. He has been off the charts busy since he took extra time off for Christmas. I think he senses my frown and says "Bubs you and I are going to do a movie night tonight. I need a chance to relax before tomorrow's chaos." I nod and smile in agreement. "I love you" I say and per usual his response is "I love you most."

I run out to Nathan's car and get in. I smile as he looks absolutely amazing without even trying. "Hey Bee" he says and rubs my thigh as he pulls out of my driveway. He starts heading towards the mall.

"Tomorrow night is black tie right?" I nod and roll my eyes. "I wish it was jeans and a t-shirt" I say and he smiles at me. How did I get so lucky? I guess everything does happen for a reason… if Ryan would have never attacked me, I wouldn't have been in the office and then I would have never met Nathan. It is a scary thought. He along with my dad have been my rock through all this chaos which is my life.

"Want to shop or get lunch first?" He pulls me out of my thoughts and I look over frazzled. "Bee, what's wrong?" He says looking concerned and brushes my hair out of my face.

"Nothing I-" I shake my head. "Lunch sounds great, I am hungry." As I start to get out of the car he come over and tilts my chin up, "You and I are going to talk about whatever is bothering you." It is more of a command than a statement.

We sit down at a cafe that serves my favorite sandwich. Nathan orders for us and then looks back at me. "What is going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He asks and I smile shaking my head.

"Nothing." I say and it was the truth. The thought of losing Nathan probably put an unpleasant look on my face. "Bee?" He says and I decide just to tell him.

"I was just thinking about how losing you would really suck and how I am lucky we both were in the office that day." I shrug and he takes my hands in his across the table. "Bee, you won't ever lose me, I am right here always" I blush.

"I know you say that all the time" I say. "It is the truth." He says before the waiter comes down and lets us eat. We spend the rest of the lunch talking.
"Sit here and I will try these on." I tell him and he gives me the thumbs up. He is sat outside our private dressing room.

"First one." I pull open the curtain and reveal the first dress. He runs his thumb over his bottom lip. "I like this" He says and sits back. "I need opinions." I say realizing bringing him wasn't a good idea. I am cut off by him saying "I don't like the style of it. It does nothing for your figure." I stand there gawking at his comment. "What you wanted honesty?" I laugh and go back in. This boy.