Chapter 6- (I'm Doing This for You.)

Everything  was going to plan.
Her Rangers.
No.
Her royal Guard Force, was now under her command.
An entire city was now under her command.
Soon, the entire planet will be under her command, once the satellite is up and running.
Still...
Was all of this enough?

Enough to please...him.

Will he be pleased?

The alarm coming from her wrist communicator broke Kenara's train of thought. She answered it by clicking on a button. Then a hologram of a man appeared.   He was an intimidating figure.  Standing tall in a grey cloak.  Black tattoos covered most of his legs and arms.  A silver crown incrusting with  the royal family jewels rested on his snowy white hair. His  yellow eyes stared intensely into Kenara's own.
Kenara bowed to the figure before her.
"Mavowsin, El Miet" she greeted in Siet.
Her Father did not greet back instead going straight to the point.
"Girl, how goes your mission?  Did you find any new planets to conquer for the empire?"
Girl.
Though it hurt, Kenara was used to her father not addressing her by her own name.
"All is well, El Miet," she answered. "I have made my presence known on a planet called Earth."
"Inhabitants?"
"Humans. Pathetic creatures driven by their complicated emotions. Easily swayed by the song. They even have their own protectors. Power Rangers, they call them. All of whom are now under my influence. They could prove very useful as guardians  of the empire as they possess incredible powers."
Her father simply nodded, as if disinterested by the fact.
"Resources?"
"Unfortunately, I have yet to learn about the its resources," Kenara explained, "this planet, unlike any of the others we have conquered is huge and- "
"So you have not conquered this planet yet?" Kazimtra interjected, disappointment evident in his voice.
"No Father-" Kenara coughed, correcting herself, "El Miet, with all do respect, once I have this entire planet under control, your new colony will present all of its riches to you."
"Is that so?"
He sounded unconvinced. " Can I call your sister, Vallirena to assist you?" he asked, "she seems knowledgeable and capable when it comes to handling a planet."
Vallirena.
Kenara's fists clenched as she felt the anger boil inside of her at the mention of her name.
Her older half sister.
Beautiful
Intelligent
His favourite
My father and her mother were not even barthoned and yet he makes his so - called "true daughter" his heir to the throne.
I should be his heir.
Not her.
But Kenara remained calm as she spoke:
"El Miet, I welcome your offer but I don't it is necessary as I am confident that I will succeed in this mission to bring more colonies including this one under the Serion Empire."
King Kazimtra sighed.
"Very well," he said, "you may continue with your mission. Report back when you actually have something useful to share."
I knew it.
"Do Not Fail," he later added.
Then his hologram disappeared.
Not enough.
In your eyes, I will always be a disappointment
I will always be unworthy
My achievements will never be enough.
To you, i mean nothing.
Kenara tried to hold back tears.
You never realized that I am doing  all of this for
For your attention.
For your approval.
For your love.
For you.....
Father.

"Oh, isn't this fantastic," called a familiar cheerful voice.
Kenara quickly rubbed her eyes, eliminating any trace of emotion and looked up. She saw Poisandra, Sledge and their usual band of idiots approaching her.
"The entire city has been hypnotized," said Poisandra.
"Including the Rangers," added Curio. He ran up to Koda and started waving his hands and dancing around the former Blue Ranger.
Annoyed, Koda snarled and his yellow eyes glowed.
Curio shrieked before running away in terror.
"Back to our deal ," said Sledge, ignoring what had just occurred.
"What deal?" Kenara asked feigning confusion.
"Don't play dumb kid," Sledge growled, "I let you control the Rangers in exchange for their Energems."
Kenara laughed, "Oh that deal, yes I remember now. I changed my mind.
"What did you say?"
"You heard me. I changed my mind. Deal's off."
"Why you little-" but before he could continue, Kenara began to sing: