Chapter 7 - (You can do that too?!)

How much further?
The journey to find the perpetrator and rescue her friends proved difficult for Salena. She had already de - morphed, not wanting to draw any attention to herself and had been dodging detection by Amber Beach's hypnotized citizens for quite some time.

She hid behind a wall as two women marched past. To the left, an older woman, wearing a red coat. To the right, a teenaged girl, dressed in a pink tee-shirt and blue jeans. They were dragging a clearly distraught man behind them.
"Meredith! Cassie! Please snap out of it!" He pleaded "We're family!"

"It's no use begging Tom," the woman in the red coat spoke in a voice devoid of emotion, " we are no longer family. Cassandra  and I only serve Empress Kenara." 

"And you will soon join us old man," Cassandra added coldly. 

Salena watched as the poor man burst into tears as he was dragged away. The three then turned a corner and disappeared from sight.

She couldn't help imagining her brother with such cruelty.  

Don't think about it.  Maybe,Tyler's and the others' communicators got deactivated or something. Don't lose hope.

She imagined her friends in an epic showdown against the witch, responsible for all this. The image made her smile a little.

"Salena, are you there?" a voice called, causing the girl to jump. She pulled out her communicator.  At the same time, she heard voices. She peered from the corner of the wall and saw that there were two figures still patrolling the area. Thankfully, they were at a safe distance.

"Ms Morgan, yes. I can hear you." Salena replied, her eyes still fixed on the two figures.

"Good. The abandoned warehouse should be close-by.   You should see a building that says Jimmy's Warehouse," Kendall explained. 

"Jimmy's Warehouse got it," Salena said.

"Keep me posted and be careful." 

Selena was grateful to have somebody to guide her on this mission. She felt completely lost in this place.

"Thanks, I will." Salena replied.

She put her communicator away. She would have to find a way to get past them.

Selana left the safety of the wall and continued to walk to her destination. As she neared the two figures, her gait changed to a march. She got a better look of the two men.  Their marching was totally ridiculous and they repeatedly bumped into each other.  They had looks of absolute determination and focus which made  Salena laugh a little. She  realised that she met them before.

What were their names again?

Bulk and Spike.

.............

A Few Hours Earlier...

"There you are sweetheart, Amber Beach Dinosaur Museum,"  Frank said proudly as his SUV  pulled up at the main entrance."I heard your brother works here." He turned to face her.  "Honestly, " he added, feigning frustration, "That boy never visits us. He always says he's busy doing research."

Frank was Salena and Tyler's uncle from their mom's side of the family. Salena was staying with him and his wife, Maria for the summer holidays.

Salena laughed.

"I am sure he has his reasons," she began, "Thanks for the ride, uncle." Salena got out of the car.

"I'll pick you up in a few hours," Uncle Frank said, "Have fun!"