17; Not Goodbye ✔️

The next day, I am ready to leave or that was what Henry thought. The truth is, I am not ready, I can never be ready to leave especially knowing that they are risking their lives because of me.

I slowly comed down from the stairs and, I saw everyone in the living room, they are waiting for me. I slowly stand in front of them and, they all stares at me for a while before, Henry walks up to me and takes my hands into his and stares into my eyes, his eyes are so sure and sincere, I wonder what he can see in mine, probably fear because, that is what I feel at the moment, I am scared.

"You know that I love you" he starts and I nods my head "I am only doing this because it is best for you and our child"

"But..."

" No buts Linda, Caesar is going to come for you if you are here and I don't want anything to happen to you, you have your whole life ahead of you. All of us here, we have lived for long and we all have a reason to fight him. I want you to take care of yourself. Paul knows what to do"

What did he mean? Is he not...? Oh no. " What are you saying Henry. It's not like something is going to happen to you. You are going to be there when I give birth to our child" where is he going with this?

He closes his eyes and open them, like he is in pain or something. " Nothing is for sure, we don't know what will happen in the battle field..."

"No.." I cuts him off " You have to promise me that this is not a goodbye, promise me that you will be there for your child and for me" now I am crying, I am getting really emotional these days but, no one can blame me for being emotional.

He slowly uses his tomb to weep the tears that fall from my eyes "I can't promise you anything Linda but I will try my very best"

" No, I want you to promise me" my voice raises a little then, Richard approaches to us.

" Calinda, I know how you feel, anyone will behave this way in your position but, this battle is not going to be very good but you can take my word for it. I will take good care of my kid brother in the battle, you don't have to worry, he will come back to you" Richard says with assuring eyes and smile and, I nods my head. I trusts Richard, even though I just met the man.

"I am not going to say goodbye to any of you because, I know I will see all of you again. You all have to win. I mean, stay Alive" I say to them all and I watches as they all nods their heads at me like obedient servants.

I am now satisfied. I turn back to Henry "you have to win. For our child, for me" I tells him and he has no choice but to nod his head, if he wants me to leave his damn place but, I still think he is still unsure.

What am I saying, the guy can't predict the future.

But, that is enough. I tip toed and kisses his cheek and he smiles at me, that is what I wanted "I love you" I say to him.

"I love you too" he relies.

No, I am ready to leave. He takes my hand and we all left the house to the outside, where a black car was parked, I wonder where we ate going. Paul went to the car and Marissa said her goodbyes to Andrew, I felt bad for them, they just came together again and now they are being separated again because of me, my existence.

The car door was opened for me by Paul and I slowly go to it. I turn back to look at everyone, I can't believe, I am not going to see some of them again. They all nods their heads telling me to go ahead.

"I will be seeing all of you again, you are all going to be okay" I takes a breath and slowly enters into the car and the car door is shut immediately, I stare back at Henry and he also stares back at me.

Looking into his, I do not want to leave anymore. Silent tears pour down from my eyes. Now, I do not want to leave him but, before I can open the door, the car starts moving.

"HENRY" I shouts over the glass.

I am sure they heard it because of their sharp hearing. Now I am crying loudly that I didn't choice Marissa trying to calm me down. The car moved, it didn't stop.

"You don't have to worry Calinda, Henry can take care of himself" Marissa assures me but, that is not enough to stop me from crying even more.

"He will come back to you. You know he will" she continues.

Maybe, that is enough. At least I know it is not a goodbye.