chapter one

For SuperSilverSpy here you go! I hope it lives up to your expectations :)

It all started with a fight between Tim Drake and Damian Wayne.

They were in the Batcave arguing over who had the right to use the computer first when Jason Todd found them. He rolled his eyes, pushing his two younger brothers out of the way and sitting down in Bruce's chair.

Damian scowled at Jason. "Todd, we are using that!"

"Oh, really? Cuz from where I'm sitting, looks like I'm the one using it." Jason smirked, pulling up the file he needed. He winced when he felt Tim slap the back of his head. "What the hell?"

"Get up, you gotta wait." Tim growled, making Jason roll his eyes. "I'm serious, Jason. Up!"

"Nah, I don't think so." Jason grinned, turning back to face the computer. "Besides, I'll only be a minute."

Tim and Damian glowered at him, stomping off further into the cave. Jason fist pumped in victory, typing away for a few more minutes until he heard a loud bang. Jason sighed, pushing away from the computer to go find out what the two birds had gotten themselves into.

He was not expecting to see Damian holding a piece of tech that they had recovered from their mission earlier in the night. Jason's eyes widened when he saw the thing beginning to glow and shake.

He rushed over, taking the thing from Damian's hand while Tim watched on. Jason tossed it in the air, raising a gun to fire at it. Tim put a stop to this.

"Are you nuts?!" He hissed, taking the gun from Jason. "That is not going to end well!"

Jason grunted, about to say something snarky in return when the device fell to the ground, a burst of energy flying out and capturing the brothers in a blinding light.

When it faded, the Batcave was empty...

Many Years Ago...

Batman was busy briefing the Young Justice team on a mission when a bright light blinded them all.

The team and the Dark Knight were instantly battle ready, staring at the spot the light originated from as it faded to reveal three figures.

Artemis Crock was the first one to recover, glaring at the three figures. "Who are you?" She snarled, making the three figures look away from each other and to the team.

"Oh, you've got to be shitting me." The tallest figure groaned, glaring at the other two through his domino mask. "Thanks to you two, we are stuck in the past!"

"Tt. You were the one that wanted to shoot the device, Hood." The smallest one crossed his arms over his chest, returning the glare.

"Yeah, but you were the one messing with it in the first place, Robin." The third one rolled his eye. "So it is both of your faults."

"Let's agree to disagree." The tall one smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"You can't disagree with facts, Hood." 

"Watch me."

Something clicked in Dick's head. "Wait, wait, wait. Did you just call him Robin?"

The tallest one grinned largely. "Oh, man. This is going to be fun."

The one dressed in the most red sighed, putting on a warning face. "Hood, don't."

"Don't what, Red Robin? Hmm? Mess with past Bats and Goldie?" The one addressed as Red Robin glared through his domino mask. The tallest chuckled. "How can you expect me to resist? When am I ever going to get an opportunity like this again?"

"For once I agree with Red Robin, Hood. Do not interfere with the past, it could irrevocably affect our future." The shortest one sneered at his two companions.

Hood, as the team and Batman had deduced was the tall one's name, rolled his eyes. "I hate to break it to you but my future sucks major ass. Who cares if it gets a little bit altered by my meddling in the past?"

"We do! Our futures are just as much on the line as yours,  Hood." Red Robin spoke in an exasperated tone.

"Not so much yours, double R, as demon's over here. I mean, was he even conceived yet at this point?" Hood chuckled.

"Hood, zip it." Robin - the team was reluctant to call him that - warned the tall one, who just crossed his arms in a challenging manner.

"Or what, short stack, huh? What's going to happen if I spill the beans on the teeny, tiny fact that one or more of us are Batman's Batman's biological sons?"

"Hood!" The other two hissed, looking seconds away from lunging at the tall one.

Can we believe a word any of these three say?

Kaldur spoke through the mind link, eyes never leaving the new comers.

No, came the immediate response from Artemis, not until we know who they are and where they came from.

The one called Hood seemed to insinuate that they are from the future.

Yeah, but how likely is that?

We're going to need Zatara here to question them. Maybe he can put a truth spell on them.

I wonder if they are telling the truth. Does Batman have a child and or children?

No, he would've told me.

But what if even he doesn't know?

...

The whole time the team was talking on the mind link, Batman was contacting the Justice League about the intruders. One can never be too cautious, even Batman.

It was moments later that Wonder Woman, Superman, Hal Jordan,  Green Arrow, Zatara, and Martian Manhunter walked through the zeta tubes. They took one look at the new comers and turned to Batman with looks that seemed to ask if he was serious about needing back up. Batman returned the look, subtly nodding towards the side to let them know he needed to talk to them in private.

To the team, he spoke gruffily and shortly. "I will be right back. Don't let them out of your sight."

And with that, Batman and the League members left the room and the strangers in the care of their proteges.

The one known as Hood cackled, rubbing his hands together with a smirk. "Let the games begin."