chapter five

y'all knew this was coming

Everyone watched with bated breaths as the two Batmen stared each other down.

"Batman."

"Batman."

"Oh, for craps sake, you have the communication skills of a constipated toddler." Jason snapped. "You are literally the same person. So cut the bullshit and work together, yeah?"

"Yeah, Hood has a point." A new voice spoke up and all heads swiveled to see a blonde girl clad in purple standing next an Asian girl in all black.

"Spoiler?! Black Bat?! When did you two get here?" Tim cried out.

"Same time as these two losers, you guys were just too busy paying attention to them to notice us. Thanks for that by the way, not rude at all."  The blonde girl replied.

"Wait, if you two are here, then who is watching the Cave?" Nightwing asked.

"Don't worry, Batwoman has it covered."

How many Bats are there?!

Who knows at this point...I'm getting a headache trying to keep track.

"Never mind who is watching the cave, how could you all have a Robin road trip to the past without me!?" The purple clad blonde whacked Jason and Tim on the backs of their heads.

"You think we planned this?! Goodness, Brown, get your head out of your rear end. This was all Drake's fault."

"My fault?! If you hadn't been playing with that device and if Jason hadn't decided to try and shoot it then we wouldn't be here!" Tim screeched. "So kindly shut the fu-"

"Tim, pal, swearing is my thing. Get your own shtick."

"Jason's right. It doesn't suit you." The Asian girl spoke up, making everyone feel bad that they haven't distinguished between the two newcomers who was Spoiler and who was Black Bat, although it should've been obvious given the way they dressed.

Wally just had to be sure though, so he asked point blank.

That did not end well.

"Are you serious right now? Like, for real? One of us is dressed in all black with a bat emblem and the other is dressed in purple with no bat emblem, take your guess who is Black Bat and who is Spoiler." The one they now deduced was Spoiler sassed, gesturing between herself and Black Bat.

Is it a requirement that in order to be associated with the Batman you must be sassy?

Kind of, yeah.

"So, how do we get home now? I mean, didn't they just fry our chances of getting back?" Jason asked, gesturing to the newest additions to the party.

"No, not really. It will take a few minutes for our powers to recharge but we should be able to portal you all home in just a bit." Zatanna answered.

"Can you take the truth spell of off us now? It is giving me a headache." Tim looked to Zatara, who nodded and muttered a spell with a flick of his wrist. "Thank you."

"Oh, yes! It feels so good to be able to lie again!" Jason breathed out, a relieved smile on his face. He turned to Wally with a sympathetic look. "Wally, dude, I'm sorry I let you know you died."

"Are you really sorry?"

"You'll never know, now will you?" Jason smirked. Wally's eye twitched.

"Jay! You did what?!" Nightwing cried out, glaring at Jason. "Do you know what kind of repercussions that could have on the timeline, you doofus?"

"Does it look like I give a rat's ass?"

"You should! I mean-"

"Hold up, if you are going to launch into some monologue about the time stream, how delicate it is, how messing with the past will ultimately create alternate timelines, and so forth, I'm going to stop you there. I was there the last time this happened." Jason held up a hand to silence his older brother.

The...the LAST time this happened?!

How many times does this happen to your family?!

How should I know?! I'm still living in this moment!

"Yeah- I can't believe I am going to say this- but Jason has a point. Besides, last time Zatanna set the time stream right. We'll just ask her to do so when this Zee gets us back to our rightful place in the timeline." Tim shrugged. "Basic time travelling, Dick."

"Yeah. Okay. I guess you two have a point. We just have to make sure no one from the past does anything to affect the time stream." Dick narrowed his eyes at his former team. "Don't do anything that Zee or her father don't know to erase, got it? You have no idea what kind of repercussions it could have."

"So I can't write a note to myself that I am going to die?"

"Absolutely not."

"Dang." Wally snapped his fingers. "Oh well, I guess I'd rather live the next few years not knowing they will be my last."

The people from the future exchanged a look discreetly, secretly revelling in the fact that they know more than everyone else.

Future Batman turned to the two magicians. "You two are going to have to wipe everyone's minds once we are gone. Just as a precaution."

"Of course."

"Excuse me, I have to run to the bathroom." Robin Dick slipped away, scampering down the hallway to his room within the mountain. He hardly used it so he knew it would be the perfect place for what he was about to do.

He went over to the desk in the room and wrote a quick note, stuffing it between two books on the shelf. He then set his gauntlets to remind him in four years to check between the books in his room before returning to the team and the people from the future.

"Are all of you ready? I believe our powers have restored enough to send you to your proper time." Zatara looked to the guests, all of whom nodded.

"I feel slighted. I mean, the boys got who knows how long here and we only got twenty minutes. This is sexist." Spoiler grumbled. "I mean, first my time as Robin is cut short and now my time travelling is to? I'm just saying, I see a pattern, Batman."

"How is this my fault?"

"Everything is your fault." Spoiler, Tim, Nightwing, and Jason all responded at the same time.

"This is why I am father's favorite, you lot are constantly-"

"Damian, we all know Black Bat is his favorite. Stuff it." Tim glared and Black Bat nodded.

"...Are you ready?" Zatanna stared impatiently, not waiting for an answer as she and her father started on their spell.

Spoiler turned to team."It was nice seeing y'all! We'll have to do this again!"

"Spoiler has a point...maybe a girls trip? With Oracle?" Black Bat smirked, high fiving her friend.

"No more time travelling." Future Batman grunted, pushing his children and Spoiler into the portal.

"Bye! Sorry for the...spoilers."

The last thing the team heard before the portal closed was a bunch of groans and what sounded like a katana being unsheathed.