chapter six

final part! I told ya it was going to be short and crack-ish! Anyways, thank you thank you thank you for reading and commenting and voting on this story and please check out my other works!

Batcave, present day

The portal closed behind the group of Bats and Stephanie as they stepped out into the Batcave.

Instantly, chaos ensued.

"Why wasn't I invit-"

"Why did you tell Wally he di-"

"What were doing touching the re-"

"If Brown makes another pun I will-"

"Headache! I still have a heada-"

Cassandra took one look at her arguing group of vigilantes and sighed. She put her fingers in her mouth and whistled as loud as she could, gaining the attention of everyone in the room and the protests of Tim.

"Headache, Cass. Geez."

"Save it, Drake. We need to brief father on what has just occurred." Damian snarled. He turned to Bruce. "It all started when Todd took over the computer-"

"Hey! Woah! It started when you played with the device we found on patrol!"

"And then you tried to shoot it!" Tim piped up.

"Men, they're all idiots." Steph whispered to Cass, gesturing to the brothers with her thumb. "Where is Batwoman, by the way? I want to say hi before I head out."

"Upstairs." Cassandra nodded towards the staircase. "Saw her go that way."

Stephanie slipped away as Bruce and Cassandra tried to calm down the brothers with the help of Dick, trying to get to the bottom of what happened.

"Wait...why don't we just check the cameras?" Dick suggested.

"For a group of geniuses...you are all...dumb." Cassandra snickered as they headed over to the computer.

Bruce pulled up the right security footage as Stephanie reappeared. "Kate says hi to everyone, BTW. I wonder how the team is holding up now that their minds are wiped?"

"About that..." Dick rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as everyone turned to look at him. "We may have a problem."

Mount Justice, Four Years After The Time Travel Debacle

Dick Grayson, now Nightwing, was training with the team when his gauntlet went off. He had transferred all the information from his Robin gauntlets over to his Nightwing ones before handing the Robin suit over to Jason.

'Check book shelf, third shelf, fourth book in.'

Dick furrowed his brow when he saw the timestamp on the reminder, set four years ago.

It must be some sort of fluke, but deciding to humor his past self, Dick decided to follow the gauntlets instructions. He went to his old room and checked the location to find a dusty note. Curiously, he pulled it out and read it.

'Jason is alive. He, along with other future Robins, come back from the future after some mishap. Don't stop looking for him. You may think this is a prank, but I know you because I am you. You can feel it in your gut. I'm right. Keep looking for him.'

Dick recognized the handwriting as his own from when he was younger, but he didn't understand the message. Why would his past self tell him that Jason is alive? Of course Jason is alive, he is training just down the hall-

Unless...

Unless Jason dies in the future and then somehow gets resurrected. And Dick doesn't know about it for a little while.

But that's crazy...right?

Batcave, Present Day

"You're telling me...you knew about my death before it was going to happen...and you didn't stop it?!" Jason snarled.

"Hey, I didn't know when or how or who! I just knew you would die and come back! Why do you think I wasn't that surprised to see you under the Hood?"

"This just got a whole lot twistier..."

"That's not a word."

"Shush."

"We need to find a way to have Zatanna in the past erase that note." Batman declared.

"Why?"

"Because it affects the timestream! Weren't you paying attention to the lectures?" Steph spoke with only a hint of mock in her tone.

"But what if...what if things were meant to play out this way?" Dick asked. "What if this was how things were always meant to go? And we are stuck in a loop?"

"Woah, this just got way too deep for me. I'm outie!" Stephanie gave a peace sign before disappearing with Cass on her heels.

"Think about it! I mean-"

"I'd rather just shoot you in the face for not preventing my death, you asshole." Jason reached for his holster before sighing. "But...I get it. My death and resurrection are essential to the timeline. They had to stay intact. So I guess...I guess I can forgive that. Just don't pull a stunt like this again, Dick."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

"Aw, I was hoping for a fight."

"Shut up, Damian." Tim slapped the back of Damian's head.

"I think you three have all earned a good nights rest." Bruce pointed up to the manor. "I'm...glad to have you home. Safe."

"I think that's the closest we are going to get to an 'I love you' from pops." Jason stage whispered to his younger brothers as they headed to the cave exit.

Dick turned to Bruce. "So, I'm going to head home now that those three are safe. B-"

"Not so fast. We need to have a chat about how reckless that note was." Bruce clamped a hand down on Dick's shoulder.

Dick slumped. "Do we have to?" Bruce raised an eyebrow under the cowl. "Fine. You win."

"Of course I do. I'm Batman."

fin.