Chapter 3: Survival

Agent 8's POV (Status: Clean)
Ugh, I have been surviving with my Splattershot for 2 days with no sleep. These Sanitized are endless waves of death. The strain of keeping up and shooting is draining me. Only a small crumb or two and a sip of ink tea. Not enough to keep myself alive for long.

I can already feel my energy sapped away. I refilled my tank again before promptly plopping down in a mini shelter that I built. From what I heard from the watch, the Splatoon has successfully made a strong fort with gates and barricades guarding the outside.

I have been trying to find another way back but to no avail. Adrenaline was leaving my body, my eyelids were heavy. Everything hurts. I.... need an actual place to rest. Then I see something.

It looks like....... a notepad?
*Yo, sorry I took a while. I am here to help. (This was written on the notepad.)
This was written by a Sanitized. A bloody Sanitized. I just stood there, stunned. He waved his hand over my face. Then I remembered and pinned him to the ground.

"What do you want?" I growled. But even now it sound like a tired old dog.
*woah woah woah, hold up. I'm here to help. Let's get out of here first. Then talk later.
I looked around and saw Sanitized approaching us.
"I hate it when people make sense." We dashed off until we reached a house.
"Is this yours?" I asked.

*No, just a house I found that was near where I was converted. A little strange but it works. Got a kitchen, working wifi and a bit in the storage. Great area.
"Do you know what happened to the owners of this house?"
*No. Again this is a random house.
I look around. This seemed quite comfortable.

"Okay, I need to change out of my clothes and take a break. I'll be down later."
*Alrighty. I haven't tried out the kitchen since I was always out. You know, dying is kinda shocking and you have the hunger inside. But I am much more civilised than those monstrosities out there.

I went upstairs and found some clothes in a bedroom. It was a little bigger than my normal size but it will do. I plopped on the bed and looked at the watch again. I could feel my eyelids droop as I fought against sleeping. I could not let my guard down on a Sanitized guy.

But my willpower failed me and I slipped out of consciousness.....

Dream
"Hey, 8, wait up!!! I want to talk!" I heard a male voice say. I turn around to see Agent 3, 2 years back when Octavio would make minor disturbances.
"What do you want to talk about 3? We have patrol duty to make sure Octavio doesn't escape again." Dream me said.

"Wow 8, you really need to lighten up. Just want to ask you whether you would.....*gulp* go out with me after this?" He asked,
"Oh.....heheh." Dream me's facade of being tough faded away. In place of a tough girl act, was just a flustered image of myself.

"I'm sorry." Then, I ran, tears were welling up in my eyes. I didn't look behind but I could hear him call out my name but I kept going. I hadn't rejected him but...... I didn't accept him either. We never really talked much after that moment.

Even if we had to work together, we avoided eye contact. I resented myself for that moment. Light was shining through my dream. I was waking up.

Hello, Wattpad users, thanks for reading my book. Enjoy, vote and leave comments about what you think about the series. This is Agent_I signing out.