IX

kyoshi
nine
IX

The ship was bustling with movement as people shouted out to land at Kyoshi Island. Never in her life had she seen something so beautiful. Iroh stuck very close to her side under the orders of Prince Zuko, though she was sure Iroh hadn't planned on leaving her side anyways. Lelo had ended up taking a long sleep after the talk with Iroh about the Prince only to be woken up by loud thudding and shouts of Kyoshi Island. She had shot up from her sleep with rice all down her shirt, thank god for her coat and fur because she would never have gotten warm enough without it.

Though the first thing she saw when she looked out of her room, was straight into the prince's room. He was being assisted with his armour. His pants already on and suited up but his top had yet to be concealed. He turned at the shouting only to look straight at her through the doorways. Lelo felt completely embarrassed and shot up from her mat on the floor. Flushing red as Prince Zuko watched her with a deep frown. Awkwardly she stepped out of her room and ran straight into Iroh. He offered to her to go onto the top deck to take in the view of Kyoshi as long as she behaved.

That had been when Prince Zuko stepped out, half-naked, into the hallway to re-address the fact that she was a prisoner and should never be trusted. Iroh was quick to laugh this off, waving off his nephew before telling him to put the rest of his armour on because he was embarrassing her. As they walked away, arm in arm, Prince Zuko shouted that she wasn't supposed to leave his side at all costs to which Iroh once again waved him off.

The landscape of Kyoshi was beautiful. Hills and valleys of just grass. Tall beautiful trees that seemed to soar for miles into the sky. She had never seen such a beautiful place. Iroh chuckled at her expression, "Have you never left the South Pole?"

"No," she confirmed, looking in awe at Kyoshi with wide eyes, "but it's beautiful! I hate being down in the ship for so long. It's so dark with no windows.

"The Fire Nation Gardens are quite beautiful if I do say so myself," Iroh boasted about his country, watching out at Kyoshi, "though I admit it's nice to get out and see what the world has to offer..."

"...or destroy it." She muttered under her breath but he had heard her clearly while following her gaze to the marching of rhinos heading for the village. They watched them disappear behind the tree line. Lelo tried to remain calm under the watchful eye of Iroh but when smoke began to rise up in the distance, Lelo felt a panic.

As calmly as she could, she surveyed the area and with a quick decision, she lept from the boat in sheer determination. When she breached the water, Firebenders were moving to circle her. Before they could corner her, she rushed towards a Komodo Rhino, pushed the firebender off into the dirt. Kicking it hard in the sides, fire burned past her as she rushed the animal up the hill towards the village. Shouting from behind her followed by more bursts of flames as guards tried to keep up with her.

Just as she arrived in the village, she saw Appa flying over her. Aang, Katara and Sokka flying straight over her without noticing her coming towards them. Before she could call out to gain their attention she was yanked off the rhino. A malicious looking Zuko stood above her with flames in his fist, "How did you get here!?"

"What have you done! Look at what you've done to them!" She shouted at him and she looked around, the prince only glared down at her before looking up at the Avatar, "You're costing me the Avatar, that is opposite of your purpose." He growled looking back down at Lelo who was trying to get to her feet. Her eyes watching the burning buildings.

Lelo looked around helplessly as the fire-ravaged Kyoshi village before Prince Zuko grabbed her by her forearm. Tugging her through the dirt as he demanded them to follow the Avatar. The dirt ripped at her pants as he dragged her back onto her rhino. The heat from his hands made her shiver in pain as he got on behind her. His anger radiated in heat as more fire warriors climbed on behind him. Prince Zuko kept a burning death grip on Lelo as water poured down on them. Steam rose off Prince Zuko as Lelo's clothes refused to get any type of dry.