Chapter 1: The Archangel

She came from the crystal, that's all they knew...

Currently, all the Fairy Tail mages were huddled around a slightly-glowing blue crystal that Team Natsu had brought back from a job. The crystal rested on its point on one of the wooden tables, somehow managing to balance on its tip. It was already rather strange-looking, but what made it all the more interesting was this; within the crystal huddled the form of a small child with feathery gray wings. The lightest tone on her wings matched the hair on her head-both were almost silvery in color. She wore a flowing dark blue dress that waved with some unknown power.

Master Makarov stood on the table, inspecting the gem-encased figure. His hands were crossed behind his back as he paced back and forth.

"Master, we do not know what origin this crystal has. It may very well be a trap. Besides, if this child was sealed away like this, she must be incredibly powerful." Erza.

"Hey, but she's just a kid! And I can tell...we can trust her!" Natsu exclaimed.

Lucy nodded."If Natsu trusts this child, I do too. And I can't bear seeing her trapped in there..." She crossed her arms.

A roaring voice has now outspoken all of the others. "Releasing this child is MAN!"Elfman pumped a fist in the air eagerly.

Lisanna laughed at her brother's manliness."But still we must be careful. She might have really powerful magic, and if she unleashes that on us..." Mirajane nodded in agreement.

The mages turned to watch their Master. Makarov still stood by the crystal, but slowly, ever so slowly, brought his wrinkled hands up to the diamond like material.

"Master!" said Erza warningly.

The old man shook his head."The child almost radiates pure innocence and goodness. Also, I feel a need to set her free." He set his hands firmly against the blue-hued surface. Where his hands touched, the crystal glowed brighter. The electric blue luminescence spread across the shining surface until it was fully illuminated. The energy flowing almost angrily from the crystal made some of the mages step back.

" What power..." whispered Erza in a hushed voice. Natsu had a hand over his eyes.

"Wow..." muttered Gray, almost in awe.

The brightness spread to all of the room until, suddenly, it all disappeared.

The mages blinked, their eyes adjusting to the sudden change. But they were immediately shocked into sight when another, brighter person appeared over the crystal. The being was female, with huge golden outstretched wings that sparkled. She had long white hair that fell over her back in waves and down to her knees. It swished eerily in some unseen vortex of magic power. She was clothed in a shimmering wrap of silver silk with gold and black intricate designs. Her clear blue eyes flashed pure power. Overall, she struck a fearful figure. However, Makarov noticed that the child was now smiling peacefully.

"You are kind."

The winged figure spoke in a ringing voice that made everyone stare at her, entranced.

"Who are you?" asked Fairy Tail's Master, although neither fearful or assertive. His voice echoed through the silence.

The woman looked down at him and smiled.

"I am Auria, Archangel of the Heavens. I was guardian and magic teacher of this child."

She now stared intensely at Makarov. "I can tell you are a true advocate of the Light...Therefore, as the Mentor of one of the Destiny Children, I entrust this young mage to you. Treat her well, for she must not be hurt in any way if she is to defeat the Dark."

Makarov opened his mouth to say something, but he felt a powerful force clamp it shut. He felt Auria's gaze boring into his head. A calm, clear voice spoke in his mind.

"Ren will tell you all in time. Believe her when she does, and help her at your best. She will change the world."

She bowed to touch the crystal with a pale hand.

"Awake, my student and child, and create your future."