ųƖɬཞơŋ

Once the jet lands back in the Avengers Tower Clint is wheeled off by Dr. Cho and her assistants and Thor takes Loki's scepter and takes it inside. Agent Hill walks into the jet. "Lab's all set up, boss." She says to Tony.

"Oh, actually, he's the boss." Tony says as he swivels around in the pilots chair and points to Steve. "I just pay for everything and design everything and make everybody look cooler."

Steve ignores Tony and walks up to Hill. "What's the word on Strucker?" He asked.

"NATO's got him." She replies.

"The three enhanced?"

"Wanda, Y/n and Pietro Maximoff. Triplets." She pulls up a video on her tablet and hands it to Steve as they start walking. He plays it and it shows the triplets all with dark brown hair shouting angrily with a crowd of people. "Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building." He swipes and sees a photo of the outside of the building. "Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?"

Hill rattles off a list of technical terms that explain their powers until she sees the look on Steve's face that he didn't really understand anything. "He's fast and they're weird."

"Well, they're gonna show up again." He says as he hands her back the tablet.

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts."

He walks into the elevator. "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" He presses a floor button.

"We're not at war, Captain."

"They are." The elevator doors close ending their conversation.

°•.•°°•.•°°•.•°

Pietro, Wanda and Y/n walk through the streets of Sokovia. Y/n moves ahead of them and turns and starts walking backwards as she smiles at them. "Did you see Stark's face when we got him?" She asked happily. "It was priceless!" She laughs and Wanda smiles at her. Y/n's smile fades a bit when she feels her brother disapproval. "What's the matter, brother?"

"I still don't see why you both let him take the scepter."

"Because, brother." Wanda says. "I've seen his fear. It will make him tear everything apart from the inside."

"And I strengthened it which means it'll be that much more corrosive." Y/n smirks. She turned to continue walking but stopped when she felt something. She looked at Wanda and could tell she felt it too.

"Do you feel that?" Wanda asked.

Y/n nodded. "Yes. It's like something's... Calling us." (Shh just go with it idk how they got there)

(Author from the future here, yeah, I now know how they got to the church, little boy said "the iron man wants to see you" and off they went. But to be fair I had never seen that scene until recently, so, sorry, but I'm leaving this as is. Alright, carry on now :))

The triplets make their way to the middle of the city to an old church surrounded by fencing. Wanda walks in, Pietro and Y/n flanking her. They see a figure in a chair in the middle of the church. They're covered by a shawl that rests over their head and shoulders. "Talk, and if you are wasting our time-" Wanda starts before she's cut off.

"Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city?" A deep almost metallic sounding voice came from the figure. The triplets cautiously walk closer. "The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally closer to God. I like that. The geometry of belief. You're wondering why you can't see inside my head." He says the last part to Wanda.

"Sometimes it's hard." She says as her eyes glow red. "But sooner or later, every man shows himself."

"Oh, I'm sure they do." The figure stands and the shawl falls revealing a metal man with red eyes, Ultron. Wanda steps back with a small gasp. "But you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter." He steps closer to them.

"I didn't expect..." She looks him over. "But I saw Stark's fear. My sister made it stronger. We knew it would control him. Make him self destruct."

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create..." He stops short, unsure of what the word is. "Smaller people? Uh... 'Children'!" He chuckled to himself. "I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them, to help them end."

"Is that why you've come?" Y/n speaks up. "To end the Avengers?"

"I've come to save the world." He began to walk away before he turned back. "But also... Yeah." He led them back to the HYDRA base they had been at with Strucker. He leads them down into the hidden room that held the Chitauri Leviathan. "We'll move out right away. This is a start, but there's something we need to begin the real work."

"All of these are..." Y/n trails off as she watches dozens of droids mulling about.

"Me. I have what the Avengers never will. Harmony." He flies up a bit and pulls a chain making more machinery move. "They're discordant. Disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other. And when you get inside the rest of their head's-"

"Everyone's plan is not to kill them." Pietro interrupts.

"And make them martyrs?" He moves to stand in front of them. "You need patience. Need to see the big picture."

"I don't see the big picture. I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it... Everyday." The sisters look at their brother.

"You lost your parents in the bombings. I've seen the records."

"The records are not the picture."

"Pietro." Wanda says.

"No, please."

Pietro turns his head to look at his sister's. "We were 10 years old. Having dinner, the five of us. When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor." Pietro and Y/n look back at Ultron and Wanda looks away. "It's big. Our parents go in and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab them, roll under the bed, and the second shell hits. But it doesn't go off. It just... Sits there in the rubble. Three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell is painted one word."

"'Stark'." Y/n says. Her eyes glow slightly f/c from anger as she tries to ease her siblings pain a bit.

"We were trapped for two days."

"Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think, 'This will set it off'." Wanda says.

"We wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us." Y/n says with slight anger in her voice.

"I know what they are." Pietro finishes.

"I wondered why only you three survived Strucker's experiments. Now I don't. We will make it right. You and I can hurt them." He says to Pietro before he moves to stand in front of the girls. He touches their cheeks lightly with his metal finger tips. "But you both will tear them apart from the inside."