Part 5

Jimin's POV

Luckily it was during office hour so there weren't a lot of people when I walked down the street.

I was sure that my appearance was unkempt, considering that I have messy hair, swollen busted lips, tears streaming face, wrinkled shirts and all of this will surely attract a lot of unwanted attention from the public.

I thought of giving Taehyung a call, but he would probably still be working so I didn't want to disturb him.

Plus, I didn't really want Taehyung to find out about this.

Who knows what he was going to do?

I walked until I reached one of the parks near the office building.

I didn't really feel like going home yet after all that had happened.

I needed to clear my head off a little.

Instead of sitting on one of the free benches at the park, I decided to sit down on the grass under a big tree. 

I was getting comfortable staring into the empty playground when suddenly a calico cat jumped onto my lap.

I stroked on her back, appreciating her company.

I took in the beautiful view even though the location was still in the middle of the busy city.

I didn't have to run away deep inside a dense forest to calm myself.

It was enough for me if I was able to observe everything around me without being interrupted.

Soon after, I quietly dozed off, probably got too tired from all the crying and drama.

I don't even realize how long I dozed off, but the sky was already darkening when I woke up due to the endless buzz from my phone.

"Hello?" my voice was raspy due to sleep.

"Jimin oh my gosh you finally answered! Where are you? I thought that you went home already but your house was still dark," Taehyung jumped into the call, sounding really worried.

"Oh, I'm not home yet," I replied, slightly trying to sound cheerful to him.

"What's wrong with your voice? Did you cry?"

Damn, he's sharp.

"No, of course not. Although I really want to cry because all this job was killing me," I chuckled blandly, pretending like I was still in the office when the reality is that I had left that place a few hours ago.

"Why are you still at the office? Do you want me to fetch you up?"

"No, it's okay Tae. I'll get home soon,"

"Okay then, but you better get home fast. It's dangerous to stay out this late, Jimin" he warned, and I felt guilty making him worry over me.

"Yeah I know. Stop worrying Tae," I got up and brushed off some of the grass from my trousers.

I heard Taehyung sighing at my answer and I just smiled thinking of how he looked like when he was worried.

"Do you want me to cook anything for you?" he offered.

"No, you don't have to. I'll get something on my way back."

I walked back to the direction of the office because the nearest bus stop was located close to the office building.

"Be careful, Jiminie. Make sure you eat, or I'll be haunting you in your dream tonight," Taehyung warned jokingly, and I chuckled at that.

"Yes, I know Tae. Hmm. Love you too," I cut our call as I sat at the bus stop bench until I saw one car stopped at the side of the road.

My stomach churned when I make out the outlines of the person who came out from the car.

Jungkook.

"Come. I'll take you home," he voiced out when he stood in front of me.

I refused to look at him and just focused on the cracks on my phone's glass protector.

"Please Jimin, it's not safe for an omega to stay alone this late," he stated, and I scoffed at that.

As if being alone with you in a car was any safer.

Wow, did that really just crossed my mind?

I must be really pissed off at him.

I rolled my eyes mentally at the thought and stayed there doing nothing.

Jungkook suddenly crouched down in front of me and placed a hand on my knees, taking me by surprise.

As the result, I pushed his hand and stood up a few feet away from him, still being shaken by his actions this afternoon.

He seemed to be taken aback by my reaction but didn't say anything since he probably knew that it was his fault I acted that way.

He just stood there not knowing what to do since he knew that that I won't agree on going home with him tonight but didn't want to leave me alone in this cold evening.

I stood there stubbornly without moving closer to the standing alpha even though the cold was getting to me.

I knew that if I entered his expensive car I would be immediately greeted by the warmth from the heater, but I refused to do so since I was still pissed off at the owner of the car.

And also scared, to be honest.

I hugged my body closer, feeling cold and cursing in my head for leaving my jacket in the office when I left.

Fortunately, the bus came, and I sighed in relief feeling glad that I don't have to stand in the cold anymore.

The bus would still be colder compared to his luxurious car, but at least not as cold as being out here.

As soon as the bus stopped, I quickly made my way to the bus when suddenly a jacket was wrapped around me by none other than the owner of the expensive car.

I paused my track and turned to him to question his act.

"Keep it, you look like you need it more than me. Return it to me tomorrow. We need to have a talk," he said as he got into his car.

I planned to say something back, but he was already inside his car.

"Kid! Are you getting on or what?" the bus driver shouted from his seat and I quickly climbed the stairs and got into the bus.

I mumbled a few sorry to the passengers inside the bus and looked for an empty seat before quickly settling in.

As the bus made its way through the road, I plugged the earphones into my ears and played my favorite playlist.

I hugged the jacket closer to my body, appreciating the warmth it gave.

Even though I didn't want to admit it, I loved the scent of the alpha that was lingering around the jacket.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the window, completely oblivious to the car that was patiently following behind the bus and accompanied me until I entered my house.