Chapter 2

"Andrea!!" Belle shouted after me, but I was just in light speed out of that club. I stopped near her truck panting. My chest coming up and down as I breathed heavily. "Andrea what happened?" She said catching up with me resting her hand in my shoulder. I kept trying to stabilize my breathing, but it wasn't an easy task. My blood was boiling. I was feeling like screaming even crying. Could that be? After so many years my heart still skipped near him. It skipped like I was 16 or 17 all over again. But I was 28 now.

"Nothing." I said calming down a bit. I turned around to look at Belle. She had the "I don't believe in you" face.

"What happened? You're not fooling me. I've know you for years and I have never seen you like this before. You're nervous!"

"We lived quite near in Downey. We belonged to the same group of friends. I never met his metal friends though but whenever he was in town we'd hang around together. We were close." I explained. Belle looked at me in shock.

"So you two know each other!" She exclaimed.

"I...I..." I choked. I couldn't even say it. "I was in love with him back then but he was just too shy and quiet you know, I never knew what he was thinking, it was hard to read his mind and I always expected him to say it to me but he never did. All our friends said he was in love with me, but I waited for so long for him..." Belle was in a awe with the story I was telling her.

"He was your boyfriend?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No. I wanted him to be but he never made the move. He also never said he loved me back. I guess he didn't or maybe he did, I don't know. Everything was just such a mess. One night I got really drunk and he did too. He was more used to the alcohol than I was, I don't remember much. I just remember dancing really close to him and after that everything is a blur to me. Next day he came up to me but I told him I didn't remembered what happened. I asked him to tell me but I guess he just got offended or he thought I was playing with him he never said a thing. Thing is apparently we had sex that night and I don't remember a thing. But I expected him to understand, I was so drunk! He never did. After that was even worse, he was even quieter and in silence and kept avoiding me. He once told me "I can't live with or without you" I guess he never made up his mind. One day I got tired of loving him so much and not having anything in return, I just disappear and got myself a boyfriend. I never saw him again. I heard from him from time to time and then Metallica became big and last thing I knew he was living up here in San Francisco."

"Oh Andrea...he remembers you! He knows who you are! That's why he was staring at you from the stage. I knew it. I knew something was not right." Belle exclaimed.

"He came talking to me like he had never seen me. I don't think he had a problem in telling me if he really knew who I was. It's been so long that he wouldn't bother. No. He doesn't remember. It's even better that way. I don't like to remember it myself."

"My two cents as he remembered and he was just pretending."

"Well that doesn't matter now. I won't be seeing him again any time soon. Just take me home. I am tired." I said getting in Belle's truck.

I got home to find a quiet dark and silent place. In my room just the sound of Alex's fast asleep breathing. I went to the bathroom tiptoeing not to waked him up. I changed to my pajama and took all the make up off then I came back to the room and slid into bed carefully. Alex stirred and grabbed me with one arm kissing me softly.

"How was it?" He asked with a sleepy voice.

"It was cool." I said caressing his face and kissing him again. "Now go back to sleep because it's really late."